Future Wingers

Which is how it should be, first Braaf has to get on the subs bench, today we saw Foden playing on the wing? and all season Sane has been out who came in to play LW? Sterling, and who played when he was injured? Braaf needs to be on the bench but for that we need a fully fit squad
If we have a fully fit squad then Braaf has an even lower chance of making the bench.

If we are waiting for people to constantly get injured before giving our talent a chance then it's quite a flawed approach.

If you want to argue for playing Sterling into form, that's fine, but don't connect that idea to players being injured for youth to play.

If we have a fully fit squad then Braaf has an even lower chance of making the bench.

If we are waiting for people to constantly get injured before giving our talent a chance then it's quite a flawed approach.

If you want to argue for playing Sterling into form, that's fine, but don't connect that idea to players being injured for youth to play.

If we had a fully fit squad the form and the mistakes would reduce everyone would challenge the person in front of them and we would have a pretty set style, but we have only 1 left winger and he is injured, but that is probably not the reason Braaf has not even been on the bench, that probably has more to do with who would be behind him at LWB, so your probably right Sterling playing well or badly has nothing to do with Braaf, but injuries do when they happen in such large groups, most managers would pick players that are fit and others that can cover and that takes up your full match squad

Milot Rashica? Can apparently leave to any top 5 league except Bundeliga for 38m euro. I think he would make a ton of sense for us. Winger/center forward with similarities to Hazard and Sterling, and with great end product.

He's got a cheap release clause, is still very young, and is weirdly underhyped which means he represents good value. These are typically players we go for. I think he'd want to come to us at any cost, even if the CL ban is upheld

Milot Rashica? Can apparently leave to any top 5 league except Bundeliga for 38m euro. I think he would make a ton of sense for us. Winger/center forward with similarities to Hazard and Sterling, and with great end product.

He's got a cheap release clause, is still very young, and is weirdly underhyped which means he represents good value. These are typically players we go for. I think he'd want to come to us at any cost, even if the CL ban is upheld

Why would we possibly want another right footed player on the left? It's absolutely destroyed the speed of our attack this season, and that's with Sterling, who is one of the best wingers in world football.

Could not agree more. Would be a typical City singing. Under the radar and good price. He makes too much sense for us to sign, so we will miss out. LW who has pace (not Sane level) and end product. Ideal for when Sane leaves.

Why would we possibly want another right footed player on the left? It's absolutely destroyed the speed of our attack this season, and that's with Sterling, who is one of the best wingers in world football.
We could throw Sterling to the right with Rashica on the left. I think that would work as Sterling would be the one offering width. The reason we're struggling now is that we have two inverted wingers, which means that we become very predictable. One inverted and one on the strong foot should work in theory

We could throw Sterling to the right with Rashica on the left. I think that would work as Sterling would be the one offering width. The reason we're struggling now is that we have two inverted wingers, which means that we become very predictable. One inverted and one on the strong foot should work in theory
Why not play both wingers on their strong foot? Why compromise?

We're at our very best when we make the pitch as big as possible in attack, making decisive runs in behind, crossing to the back post for a tap in. Not only does the additional width create chances itself, it also creates space in the middle for the likes of De Bruyne, Bernardo, Silva and Foden, especially after 60/70 minutes when teams get tired.

Inverted wingers just makes the game easy for the opposite fullback, allowing him to play safe; staying narrow and slowing the winger down so one of the midfielders can comeback and double up. It's useful on occasion or as a different option but that's it.

We should force Mahrez to play on the left, he's got all the qualities needed, it's just he wants the personal glory of cutting in and scoring a worldwide, he's not interested in the team.

Why not play both wingers on their strong foot? Why compromise?

We're at our very best when we make the pitch as big as possible in attack, making decisive runs in behind, crossing to the back post for a tap in. Not only does the additional width create chances itself, it also creates space in the middle for the likes of De Bruyne, Bernardo, Silva and Foden, especially after 60/70 minutes when teams get tired.

Inverted wingers just makes the game easy for the opposite fullback, allowing him to play safe; staying narrow and slowing the winger down so one of the midfielders can comeback and double up. It's useful on occasion or as a different option but that's it.

We should force Mahrez to play on the left, he's got all the qualities needed, it's just he wants the personal glory of cutting in and scoring a worldwide, he's not interested in the team.
Who should we buy if Sané leaves? Leon Bailey will never cut it at City, he's wildly inconsistent. Not really that much options for a left footed left winger. I personally think Mahrez is too slow for that role, and his main quality is cutting in and shooting. Mahrez could play left wing, but he would a a bit wasted there

Who should we buy if Sané leaves? Leon Bailey will never cut it at City, he's wildly inconsistent. Not really that much options for a left footed left winger. I personally think Mahrez is too slow for that role, and his main quality is cutting in and shooting. Mahrez could play left wing, but he would a a bit wasted there
That's a ridiculous statement, of course there are options. We're not going to get someone as talented attacking wise as Sane, it's virtually impossible, he has a skillset which is very unique. Equally he's got weaknesses defensively, in terms of his desire to win the ball back on occasion and awareness. You also have to remember we didn't buy Sane as a left winger, he played the majority of his football at Shalke as a right winger, we moved him across to the left.

Likewise, someone like Bailey who is "wildly inconsistent" to use your words, may well work out perfectly in a different environment with a new manager and players who can get the best out of him. You just never know, look at Angelino at RB Leipzig, he looks like a bloody world beater again; simply because the system gets the best out of his attacking talent, while a back three compensates for his weaknesses defensively.

It's pointless me listing a stream of names because I'm not a full time scout so don't know the players backgrounds, attitudes, levels of consistency or personal life's which all contribute to them being successful.

That's a ridiculous statement, of course there are options. We're not going to get someone as talented attacking wise as Sane, it's virtually impossible, he has a skillset which is very unique. Equally he's got weaknesses defensively, in terms of his desire to win the ball back on occasion and awareness. You also have to remember we didn't buy Sane as a left winger, he played the majority of his football at Shalke as a right winger, we moved him across to the left.

Likewise, someone like Bailey who is "wildly inconsistent" to use your words, may well work out perfectly in a different environment with a new manager and players who can get the best out of him. You just never know, look at Angelino at RB Leipzig, he looks like a bloody world beater again; simply because the system gets the best out of his attacking talent, while a back three compensates for his weaknesses defensively.

It's pointless me listing a stream of names because I'm not a full time scout so don't know the players backgrounds, attitudes, levels of consistency or personal life's which all contribute to them being successful.
I tend to agree with the majority of what you said, but just left footed left wingers are almost extinct, every left footer is an inverted winger now. And to convert them properly they need raw pace and great low crossing. Mahrez is a great playmaker but he's not really known to burn defenders with pace, he relies on body feints and agility

Bailey's teammate Moussa Diaby is someone who we maybe could go for. He's a similar playee to Bailey and is keeping Bailey on the bench while being younger. His speed is almost Sané levels

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.