Gabriel Jesus | Joins Arsenal for £45m

Status
Not open for further replies.
Arsenal a good move for him. However, in this market, anything less than £25-£30 mil is poor business by City. But then again, we do seem to be push overs when it comes to selling our players.
I’d be appalled if we only got £30m for the hardest working, best defensive forward player around.

There’s a reason Pep plays Jesus in so many big games and he almost always plays well in them.

A very good player, an exceptional team player, who is very underrated… he’s just not a top class finisher but that’s the only thing holding him back.

That's true. Unfortunately his confidence disappeared 18 months ago. I love Gabby but he's nowhere near the level we require now. Will be sad to see him go but the lad needs to be playing every week as a striker. He's not going to get that here
A major knee injury hasn't help with that to be honest and Aguero increasing absence as well. It's probably is time but he can do better than Arsenal

If either Jesus or Sterling leave, expect at least a third name other after Haaland and Alvarez to arrive
Don't think we'll acquire a third forward. Haaland will (hopefully) replace Aguero and Alvarez will replace Jesus. That leaves us with the Viking, Alvarez, Foden, Mahrez, Sterling, Grealish all vying for a spot in the front three. Not to mention Palmer will be phased in gradually. That's more than sufficient and we shouldn't overdo it.

The one area we'll be looking thin in, as of next season, is centre mid. So a midfielder would be welcome.

Was actually thinking about him a couple of weeks back and was going to ask on here if you guys thought it could be possible.

We need 2 forwards this summer with Auba, Laca & Nketiah all away. So I was thinking a straight number 9 type signing and a more flexible forward like Jesus would be ideal, but I'm not sure if we could attract him?
I think he would be up for it if you get top 4

Always puts in a shift and never lets us down. Be sad to see him go, but with the pending arrivals of Haaland and Alvarez his 1st team opportunities will probably be more limited next season.

Don't think we'll acquire a third forward. Haaland will (hopefully) replace Aguero and Alvarez will replace Jesus. That leaves us with the Viking, Alvarez, Foden, Mahrez, Sterling, Grealish all vying for a spot in the front three. Not to mention Palmer will be phased in gradually. That's more than sufficient and we shouldn't overdo it.

The one area we'll be looking thin in, as of next season, is centre mid. So a midfielder would be welcome.
Alvarez is replacing Torres. You can’t replace a player like Jesus who can play any game with a player who has never played against either an European club or even European national team. He will be dealt with slowly, like Torres was, with an eye on the future. That is why I have been saying people should seriously moderate their expectations, ignore what River Plate fans and former Argentinian players say. Someone like Rafael Leão could hit the ground running. Like I posted in the It’s Quiet thread, our fanbase is so used to us having a small squad that they sometimes think we don’t even need to keep the same number of players, when in fact we should add. And to your points, expect more Grealish in the midfield next season

I do think Jota would have helped us immensely. The one that frustrates me is Luis Diaz, who not only is a great player, a game changer for them (especially for these final games), but compare how much they got him for IN JANUARY vs what we paid for Grealish. Why do we sleep in an opportunity like this. He would have chosen us if we had shown interest
Too ugly for City

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.