Gabriel Jesus | Joins Arsenal for £45m

Status
Not open for further replies.
dont expect Txiki to get much for him. was surprised we got 45m pounds for Torres.

Arsenal have money, especially if they manage to get 4th. they paid 70m for Nicolas Pepe not long ago who is not fit to mentioned in comparison with Jesus. he had a great season at farmers league with Lille and Arsenal paid record sum for him and flopped in PL so far. can see him being used as pressing striker at Arsenal, as Saka is great from the right.

Jesus is a proven PL player, not a top scorer i any way but could be important part of the first 11 for Arsenal.
I mean he would expect to be more of a regular than in constant rotation like here I assume if he leaves.

50m pounds, and only 50m because he only has 1 year left. imo that would be a fair sell value now.

would prefer him to go to Juve or Barca if they can put up same offer as Arsenal.

would this mean then Sterling and Mahrez will get contract renewal?

I guess Alvarez, Haaland and Palmer playing bit more would be enough to avoid the need signing a replacement for Jesus as all his game time will be picked up by those three easily so we can put priority to another CM instead of Dinho or a left back.

I’d be appalled if we only got £30m for the hardest working, best defensive forward player around.

There’s a reason Pep plays Jesus in so many big games and he almost always plays well in them.

A very good player, an exceptional team player, who is very underrated… he’s just not a top class finisher but that’s the only thing holding him back.

I think he would be better moving abroad where he might get a bit more time in front of goal and gain some confidence that way. In the CL he seems to step up a level, even if just a cameo he seems to be made for that stage.

His performances at the Bernabeu and then the return leg two years ago were incredible. Had that early chance where he cut inside but typically put it straight at the keeper but then climbed over Ramos to equalise. And then his workrate in the home leg was brilliant and his goal to put us 2-1 up was so well taken. He has scored about 1 in 3 in the league but has 1 in 2 in the CL which is a pretty impressive record.

Gabby is a player I never mind seeing start games. His age is a big factor too. I don't think he will ever be prolific but I do think he could yet improve his finishing and justify a place in our squad.

Personally if I were a footballer and in order to defend my performances people could only bring up a game from 2 years ago I'd start wondering what I've been doing for the past 2 years

Sorry if this is an unpopular thing to say but.....

Nowhere near good enough for City.

He‘s been good enough up to now with his 58 goals he’s scored. Yes he could be more clinical but his game is about more than just goals.

We can’t play Haaland in every game, and Jesus is a hell of a lot better alternative than Palmer.

I guess Alvarez, Haaland and Palmer playing bit more would be enough to avoid the need signing a replacement for Jesus as all his game time will be picked up by those three easily so we can put priority to another CM instead of Dinho or a left back.
Just reading that makes me absolutely certain we will need a replacement. People are really, really overestimating the role Alvarez will have in the squad next season. I repeat, this is a kid who has never played a game against an European club or European national team. We (and Pep) have never seen him against other types of set ups. The gap between the football he plays in Argentina and spare Libertadores games and what he will face with us is immense. He isn’t yet ready to hit the ground running, much less in the way we play and against who we play. That’s why calling him a Ferran Torres replacement is somewhat adequate but even Torres had played some big games for Valencia (Madrid teams and Barcelona for instance) before joining us. Then you mention Palmer. It is again improbable that the season will start and we will see Pep giving him much more game time that he’s given this season. He probably will play more but still sparely. Haaland is the one that I assume will play a lot from the start, but that’s it. Letting Jesus or Sterling go without a replacement would be incredibly irresponsible and I can’t imagine Pep would allow it. For people in the forum to claim “just give Alvarez and Palmer game time!” on paper is fine, but the reality is much different

Just reading that makes me absolutely certain we will need a replacement. People are really, really overestimating the role Alvarez will have in the squad next season. I repeat, this is a kid who has never played a game against an European club or European national team. We (and Pep) have never seen him against other types of set ups. The gap between the football he plays in Argentina and spare Libertadores games and what he will face with us is immense. He isn’t yet ready to hit the ground running, much less in the way we play and against who we play. That’s why calling him a Ferran Torres replacement is somewhat adequate but even Torres had played some big games for Valencia (Madrid teams and Barcelona for instance) before joining us. Then you mention Palmer. It is again improbable that the season will start and we will see Pep giving him much more game time that he’s given this season. He probably will play more but still sparely. Haaland is the one that I assume will play a lot from the start, but that’s it. Letting Jesus or Sterling go without a replacement would be incredibly irresponsible and I can’t imagine Pep would allow it. For people in the forum to claim “just give Alvarez and Palmer game time!” on paper is fine, but the reality is much different
Wasn’t that case with Jesus when he joined us… just saying

Wasn’t that case with Jesus when he joined us… just saying
Precisely the same slow approach you saw with Jesus when he joined you will see with Alvarez, with maybe a difference, when Jesus joined we already had a centerforward who was settled in team and league, which isn’t the case now

Random thought but remember Javier Hernandez?

He did OK for the rags straight out of Mexico. There's no reason Alvarez can't come in and score goals straight away.

Precisely the same slow approach you saw with Jesus when he joined you will see with Alvarez, with maybe a difference, when Jesus joined we already had a centerforward who was settled in team and league, which isn’t the case now
Fair point bud, but Haaland is and will be a completely different forward to Aguero.
fair point bud. Pep clearly has a plan for next season and I actually think next season’s team will slay all they come up against

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.