Game of Thrones (season 8)

I think if you've watched this show enough since season 6 and have paid attention to any of the production work going on around the final season, you'll be able to piece together the broad strokes of what's left to do. The first episode will be full of reunions and character-based interactions; the second episode will be more chatting at Winterfell and preparing for a big battle; episode three will be a big battle, which the Living will lose so they'll have to retreat southwards; the fourth episode will focus on getting everyone to King's Landing for the final battle; episode five will be the final battle in King's Landing and somehow Westeros will be saved; episode six will deal with the aftermath and deciding who's king/queen when it's all over. What's going to be rewarding, though, is how the finer details inside the broad plot strokes are going piece everything together. We know there are going to be big battles but we don't know which characters are going to die in the fighting; we know characters are going to be meeting for the first time ever (or for the first time in a while) but we have no idea how they're going to behave; we know the Night King is somehow going to be defeated but we don't know the specifics; we know dragons are going to scuffle in the sky but we haven't seen how epic they could make it on screen; we know Jon is going to find out he's a Targaryen but we don't know how he'll react to the news. Intrigue and politicking on Game of Thrones died with 'Hardhome' - since then it's been about getting us to the point where dragons battle ice zombies to save the world, and there's no reason why that can't be hugely, hugely rewarding and exciting.

The way he writes characters off left right and centre I wouldn’t be surprised if the white walkers end victorious.....
That's the first two episodes of the season.
The other 4 are them finishing off the stragglers.

I think if you've watched this show enough since season 6 and have paid attention to any of the production work going on around the final season, you'll be able to piece together the broad strokes of what's left to do. The first episode will be full of reunions and character-based interactions; the second episode will be more chatting at Winterfell and preparing for a big battle; episode three will be a big battle, which the Living will lose so they'll have to retreat southwards; the fourth episode will focus on getting everyone to King's Landing for the final battle; episode five will be the final battle in King's Landing and somehow Westeros will be saved; episode six will deal with the aftermath and deciding who's king/queen when it's all over. What's going to be rewarding, though, is how the finer details inside the broad plot strokes are going piece everything together. We know there are going to be big battles but we don't know which characters are going to die in the fighting; we know characters are going to be meeting for the first time ever (or for the first time in a while) but we have no idea how they're going to behave; we know the Night King is somehow going to be defeated but we don't know the specifics; we know dragons are going to scuffle in the sky but we haven't seen how epic they could make it on screen; we know Jon is going to find out he's a Targaryen but we don't know how he'll react to the news. Intrigue and politicking on Game of Thrones died with 'Hardhome' - since then it's been about getting us to the point where dragons battle ice zombies to save the world, and there's no reason why that can't be hugely, hugely rewarding and exciting.
Yer can’t beat a bit of dragon on ice zombie action I find.

It really is worth watching all the series back before the final series. There's a lot of moments in the first couple that didn't then get referenced again until season 7 and a few that, given they've already done that, are still to happen that can easily be missed. Arya and the red woman being a good example.

On first watch, I loved series one to four and then I thought it dropped a bit. Watching it all back again now though, it's far cleverer than I gave it credit for (which was pretty high anyway). I can't remember any show this intricate that has as long a pay off as some of the lines and character developments as this has. George Martin must have told them the whole end to end before they started.

HBO have been kind enough to release some promo shots of the season. These sorts of photos are usually taken while the actors are filming rehearsals in full costume as opposed to their final takes of a particular scene, but they give a little window into how the first couple of episodes might go.

Photos released by HBO: https://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/game-thrones-season-8-hbo-13964317

0_HBO-UNVEILS-FIRST-IMAGES-FROM-GAME-OF-THRONES-SEASON-EIGHT.jpg

Reddits GoT page has had some.twat calling himself the cleaner on set leak the whole series synopsis, whether it's true or not fuck knows, didin't read it as I don't want to know.

Real trailer out today, guys. Check back in about three or four hours.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.