Games that brought you back to earth with a thump

Robinho's first game against Chelsea where he scored on a freekick. Pandemonium.

Played off the park the rest of the game. Lost 3-1 or 4-1.

FA Cup Final vs Wigan, The FA Cup game where Uwe Rosler knocked when managing the Pie Eaters, The Champions League Final defeat, the 2006-2007 season, the getting knocked out by Groclin for starters.

May 1989.... Manchester City 3 (3) Bournemouth 3 (0)... or, 'how to spoil a party'!!
Was just about to post this.

3-0 up and drew meaning we had to go to Bradford and get a point to gain automatic promotion.

Squeaky bum time on 85 minutes when Trevor Morley slid in and latched on to a David White cross to make it 1-1.

When we were doing well with Sven, we went to Stamford Bridge being talked about as top 4 material. Felt great going to the game. Full of confidence.

We had our arse handed to us. I think it was 6-1 or 6-0. Lampard had something like two goals and two assists.

To many to mention to be fair, getting beat by stockport 2 1 at Maine Road comes to mind,.the champions league final against Chelsea is another, for the fact pep tried his usual baffle the opposition and failed

Losing 2-3 at home against Chelsea in a match that was billed as the decider for who would be champions of Division 2. The two teams had been fairly even to that point at City won at Stamford Bridge but were outclassed in the reverse fixture.

I remember my hope evapourating as Dorigo ran the length of the pitch to score the third after a City corner.

I went into the game with high hopes but the nous of experienced pros like Kerry Dixon, Peter Nicholas and Graham Roberts was just too much for our lads to match. After this Chelsea strolled to the title whilst City crawled to second place.

Earlier in the season we won 3-1 at the Bridge,only 8,880 crowd shit support.

Bournemouth when Luther Blissett decided to have second half Stormer, from 3-0 up to 3-3. Delayed our promotion party and the doubts set in. I think we then had to go and get a point away at palace, and whoever it was one place behind us in the table went a few goals up early doors too.

Took my family to a game against Barnsley at Maine road as a treat. Watched us get hammered, a bald player I think called Steve Agnew scored a rocket for them, screamer that hit the bar, bounced back onto the back of a diving Paul Cooper and went in, and we were sat right behind the goal. I think my sister still refers to it as the most boring day of her life

Wigan in the cup final. Lyon in the Champions League when I thought we'd sail through. Monaco when Mendy and Bernardo were playing against us and we just couldn't match them and mbappe over two legs. Real last year when it looked like we'd done enough.

QPR and just last season Villa, for a little while anyway;)
That is a great shout
A young hippy called Ian Bishop suddenly woke up and absolutely destroyed us in that second half, set up all three goals iirc
Thank fuck for Mike Newell, who equalised for Leicester v Palace with the last kick of the game.
Like Demba Ba and Dwight Gayle, Newell is an unlikely MCFC hero

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.