Garcia and his fans from last season

The cookie monster said:
Rammy Blue said:
The cookie monster said:
Isn't it worth giving him a chance under our new manager
Rather than folk saying pub players are better than him?

It's highly unlikely he'll get that chance, imo, unless we have serious injury issues. He's just not good enough and I just don't see any redeeming quality whatsoever about the guy. He's just shit.

All I can say is read the dzeko thread from last season
Whatever grief Garcia had times it by ten and that's what our Edin got

Looks like our pelle likes him too.
Don't be daft Cookie he only let's him train and play for shits and giggles.

I would really like him to succeed but if we must persevere with him for gods sake don't play him at centre half it's embarrassing.

Whatever the rights and wrongs of criticising City players my experience of opposition fans is that they think they've got a chance if Garcia is playing and would not want him in their team.

The posters that like him are entitled to their opinion but a better player than NDJ? Really? Good luck with that.

Garcia game winning header in stoppage time...Haters gonna' hate....Seriously though, I'm willing to give him a chance under a new manager. Some people need to chill out and back the guy.

Tiresome reading all the Garcia bashing on here sometimes. He's had one or two shockers (see: Southampton away) but he doesn't deserve all the barrage of criticism he gets.

It was always going to be tough being NDJ's immediate replacement and we probably didn't really need a player like him but he could give us something a little different in midfield if people give him time to show what he can do with a string of games under his belt.

BigOscar said:
He's surely our first choice holding midfielder? (or more to the point, our only holding midfielder) If we ever decide to play a more solid team, maybe a 433 against a tough opposition, then we'll need him in there alongside Yaya and Fernandinho. He gives us options, tactically

On Monday night I thought we will need cover in the holding role against better opposition as yaya and fern pushed up a little too far at times, but surely In that role the player has to be mobile which Garcia isn't, Yaya could do it in his sleep while milner/rodwell/barry/ fern played further up as central midfielders!

Very good footballer, with better range of passing from the back than anyone else we have.

Slow, but unfairly blamed for Southampton defeat, got turned and looked silly - but our midfield was appalling that day - he played ok.

Not good enough for where we want to be. Fernandinho/Garcia - could be very strong pairing, Garcia/Barry is dreadful, Garcia/Yaya not much better.

Not seen enough of him.

Think in Pelli's system a centre-back role might see him better. I think he's looked fairly accomplished there, although it is harsh to say he is slow because most of the time he's been playing with Lescott, which is rather exposing of both in lack of pace.

I don't think he's that bad... i did see him get out paced or not close the players he should be down but this wasn't all the time. I think if he gets the confidence that Pellers gave Dzeko then i think he'll be a good player this season at centre back or central midfield.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.