Garcia and his fans from last season

sboroMCFC said:
If Garcia is such a bad player then why does he get into the Spain squad?

he rarely gets into the spain squad.

we probably signed garcia because he made his debut in the spain team last year. mancini probably thought he was the next busquets.

I recall when Garcia signed A LOAD of City fans shouting people down who didn't want NDJ to go and telling all and sundry that Garcia was "like De Jong but could attack as well."

The above is perfect proof as to the stupidity of many football fans, shouting their mouths off about how good a player is, basically pretending that they know all about a player's strengths and weaknesses, when they haven't even seem them play. Ludicrous.

The same thing happened this summer with our new signings - some making us title favourites and proclaiming how wonderful Fernandinho is - quite clearly having rarely, if ever, seen the guy play.

Sorry to be off subject but opinions based on nothing are worthless.

Cobwebcat said:
grim up north said:
Cobwebcat said:
He's only played twice and was so bad last time I'd be astonished to see him play again. Then again I can't believe he even makes it to our bench.

Ultimately we will sell him at a big loss. Lesson learnt I hope.

Perhaps like several managers who continue to pick him are a better judge of a player than you

Yes managers are never wrong are they?

See Alan Ball and Buster Phillips

One manager one player.

So your a better judge of a player than Del Bosgue, Mancini and Pellegrini, I think I trust their judgement over yours

Whitefield Blue said:
I recall when Garcia signed A LOAD of City fans shouting people down who didn't want NDJ to go and telling all and sundry that Garcia was "like De Jong but could attack as well."

The above is perfect proof as to the stupidity of many football fans, shouting their mouths off about how good a player is, basically pretending that they know all about a player's strengths and weaknesses, when they haven't even seem them play. Ludicrous.

The same thing happened this summer with our new signings - some making us title favourites and proclaiming how wonderful Fernandinho is - quite clearly having rarely, if ever, seen the guy play.

Sorry to be off subject but opinions based on nothing are worthless.
I've always felt that about new players and posters on here. If you took some people's word for it you'd think they have their computer on all day watching every league in Europe, as no matter who is signed, they know everything about them. I'm more of the opinion that they just Google the name and then post what they've read.

The stuff about Fernandinho all seems to have stemmed from one CL game against Chelsea (if my memory serves me correctly). People were also spunking about Navas during the Federations Cup.

I said I'd make my mind up when I see them for us. I thought Fernandinho was good against Newcastle, but not overly great since. I don't think we've really worked out how to get the best from Navas yet. Basically, the jury is still out on all of them, including Pellegrini. We'll have a good idea how they all are after the Rag game, as that will include Stoke today and a CLgame.

bluethunder said:
sboroMCFC said:

we probably signed garcia because he made his debut in the spain team last year. mancini probably thought he was the next busquets.
He has played regularly in the Champions League for Benfica and most keen football fans would know who he was let alone Roberto Mancini

He's also regularly around the Spanish squad. For example he was in the provisional squad for the Spanish Confederations Squad and as you know Spain have a fantastic array of midfield talent. For example Herrera of Athletic Bilbao who Utd tried to buy would walk straight into the England team

If Busquets came to England, there'd be a fair number of fans who wouldn't rate him because he isn't "flash" like Xavi and Iniesta, but most good teams need a strong defensive midfielder

grim up north said:
Cobwebcat said:
grim up north said:
Perhaps like several managers who continue to pick him are a better judge of a player than you

One manager one player.

So your a better judge of a player than Del Bosgue, Mancini and Pellegrini, I think I trust their judgement over yours

I only need one to prove that managers are not always correct but there are hundreds. You do realise the forum is for opinions not just saying how great we are?

Cobwebcat said:
grim up north said:
Cobwebcat said:

One manager one player.

I only need one to prove that managers are not always correct but there are hundreds. You do realise the forum is for opinions not just saying how great we are?

Yes I agree but some are better placed to have opinions and as I have said I will err on the side of Del Bosque, Mancini and Pelligrini who,s opinions have more substance

Marvin said:
bluethunder said:
sboroMCFC said:

He has played regularly in the Champions League for Benfica and most keen football fans would know who he was let alone Roberto Mancini

He's also regularly around the Spanish squad. For example he was in the provisional squad for the Spanish Confederations Squad and as you know Spain have a fantastic array of midfield talent. For example Herrera of Athletic Bilbao who Utd tried to buy would walk straight into the England team

If Busquets came to England, there'd be a fair number of fans who wouldn't rate him because he isn't "flash" like Xavi and Iniesta, but most good teams need a strong defensive midfielder

Yes but Garcia isn't a strong defensive midfielder he is a weak one. Perhaps the people that are picking him are remembering his Benfica days but either his confidence has gone or he's been a poor signing. It happens ..why pretend he is playing well when he clearly isn't. It's not people misunderstanding the role it's Garcia not performing game after game.<br /><br />-- Sat Sep 14, 2013 1:05 pm --<br /><br />
Outrun said:
Starting as Cb.

FFS

Cobwebcat said:
Marvin said:
bluethunder said:

Yes but Garcia isn't a strong defensive midfielder he is a weak one. Perhaps the people that are picking him are remembering his Benfica days but either his confidence has gone or he's been a poor signing. It happens ..why pretend he is playing well when he clearly isn't. It's not people misunderstanding the role it's Garcia not performing game after game.

-- Sat Sep 14, 2013 1:05 pm --

Outrun said:
Starting as Cb.

FFS

In your opinion of course,

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.