Garcia and his fans from last season

Unfair to really judge Garcia as he isn't a centre back although he did nearly cost us a goal until Zabba stepped in. I don't blame Garcia for being in the team I blame MP for picking him, he played Yaya so deep he may as well have put him in there which would have freed up a place in midfield for Garcia. At least he could be judged better should he play his ususal position, I don't rate him but unfair to criticise him when played out of position.

AshtonBlueMooner said:
Unfair to really judge Garcia as he isn't a centre back although he did nearly cost us a goal until Zabba stepped in. I don't blame Garcia for being in the team I blame MP for picking him, he played Yaya so deep he may as well have put him in there which would have freed up a place in midfield for Garcia. At least he could be judged better should he play his ususal position, I don't rate him but unfair to criticise him when played out of position.
Funny how you remember him nearly costing us a goal, but don't remember him cutting out 3 key passes that would have led to a goal. Or never losing his man all game. He was the best defender on the park today.

daxman said:
AshtonBlueMooner said:
Funny how you remember him nearly costing us a goal, but don't remember him cutting out 3 key passes that would have led to a goal. Or never losing his man all game. He was the best defender on the park today.

Some fair judgement, finally.

We don't score a single goal, and the bashing of Garcia continues !

Dont think you watched the same game as others. Definitely not the best defender, like I said, unfair to judge a player playing out of position. Just take off the blue tinted specs though, you may see what others also see.

AshtonBlueMooner said:
Dont think you watched the same game as others. Definitely not the best defender, like I said, unfair to judge a player playing out of position. Just take off the blue tinted specs though, you may see what others also see.
who was better?
Nasty? I can count his mistakes for you: Lost Walters on the free header that should have been an easy goal, lost the header to Jones, that should have been their 2nd goal. Was saved by Hart on what should have been there 3rd goal. He also lost Walters again on the line cross that skirted accross our 6 yard box. Sure he made some good plays too, but his positioning wasn't half as good as Garcia's.
Garcia was not troubled but once all game. He was quick to foul his man early and far away from danger, and read Adams passes well all game. Intercepted 2 from him, 1 from Nzonzi and another from Walters. Was always in position except for the one play in which Natsy almost scored against us. Won all his airel duels too. He's only mistake was a bubbled clearance of a ball he had originally done a great job positioning himself to intercept, then panicked when the ball got stuck under his foot. Leading to the poor clearance.

he was by a good margin the best defender. But the negative view many hold would make them pretend otherwise. Folks are complaining about him even though he made the fewest mistakes on defense.

Too much slating of him on here

Any critism should be aimed at the manager for putting Javi in that position he aint a centre half

I thought Javi did very well today, too.

It's unbelievable that he is critcised when we keep a clean sheet, and yet those defenders who had an poor day in comparison to Garcia escape relatively unscathed, as do our attacking players who were piss-poor and seemingly lacking ideas and nous to break down a stubborn defence.

Garcia, like Barry, more than makes up for any lack of pace with his positioning, experience and reading of the game.

When we have defenders injured and games coming thick and fast, Javi is just he sort of player we need.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.