Garcia and his fans from last season

Paul11/12 said:
AshtonBlueMooner said:
Garcia dropped from defence. We may get to see him in midfield when we can really gauge if he has progressed from last season or not.

Progressed from last season? we spent 16 million on him and sold NDJ because of his "class"! Good players out of form or learning a different league at least show a bit of something now and again, what's he shown glimpses of that will improve our team?

Your revisionist history of the NDJ departure is comical. We didn't get rid of him so we could buy Garcia. NDJ left us. Don't fucking forget that.

Garcia has been a poor choice as a replacement, to that I will agree. But the truth is, Yaya and Barry had cemented their places in the CDM of the team and Mancini wasn't likely to sit one of Silva, Nasri, Aguero or Tevez just so poor ol' Nige could get on the team sheet.

I feel bad for Garcia. The consummate scapegoat, even when he's done nothing particularly wrong. Sure, he's not up to snuff, but for fucks sake, give it a rest already. He's been nothing but professional for us. Still think we need to move him along, but I'm not going to rub salt in the wound like some of you are so willing to do...

He is still a city player, why not support him? Sad really as anyone given an opportunity to play should be backed by the clubs fans, too many on here moan about players like Garcia, etc I bet half of you don't show any passion at the ground if and when you go.

We had a run last year of 9 out of 10 wins between xmas and the Saints game, Javi played every game, come on Blues dont be burying our own.

You have certain players who are more european style, i think Javi is one of them, thought he held midfield together in couple of the home games, Madrid, Dortmund, Ajax when we were overrun till he came on, is he great ? No but for all the people who say Barry is better, that may be true but would Barry be asked to play CentreBack?

During last saturdays game v Stoke I had the misfortune to listen to Eyre and Cheesman on GMR ( never again could not get it on telly or computer ). What a pair of complete and utter tossers. Eyre slated Garcia time and again and in one remark made an outragous comment that I though I would never here a so called blue say about a fellow blue player, it's bad enough the rag media slagging us off but to here him slating Garcia was shameful.

Then after the game lo and behold lots of blues on here who talk sense were praising Garcia and saying he played well and that any defensive problems were down to others. Of course, we have to remember that Eyre was one of City's all time greats, but for Cheeseman to allow him to get away with it was despicable. If I didn't know it already it seems Eyre has jumped on the bandwagon of brainless bullies ! I'm waiting for the GMR Blue Tuesday Javi Garcia is shite special !

I really don't see why we should keep him, get rid asap. He is 4th or 5th choice. Why not give his place to a youth player? The worst thing is he is stopping players in 2 positions from getting a chance. It was the same with Maicon last year, another player on a lot of money blocking the progress of a younger player.

Considering he plays games for the world and European champions Spain, I would say he is a decent player.

Let's see how he does in his favoured position. Too many people getting on the backs of too many players.

peter.evans said:
During last saturdays game v Stoke I had the misfortune to listen to Eyre and Cheesman on GMR ( never again could not get it on telly or computer ). What a pair of complete and utter tossers. Eyre slated Garcia time and again and in one remark made an outragous comment that I though I would never here a so called blue say about a fellow blue player, it's bad enough the rag media slagging us off but to here him slating Garcia was shameful.

Then after the game lo and behold lots of blues on here who talk sense were praising Garcia and saying he played well and that any defensive problems were down to others. Of course, we have to remember that Eyre was one of City's all time greats, but for Cheeseman to allow him to get away with it was despicable. If I didn't know it already it seems Eyre has jumped on the bandwagon of brainless bullies ! I'm waiting for the GMR Blue Tuesday Javi Garcia is shite special !

I've never taken to Cheesman. He loves the sound of his own voice. I remember one remark he made on the radio after a mid-week cup game. He said something along the lines of ''The ticket prices for this game were only £20, I don't understand why the ground isn't full''.

Cheesman is a very lucky to get into every game free of charge (he pays for his travel). After he said that, I lost a bit of respect for him.

Fred Eyre just thinks he’s on his after dinner circuit rolling out the anecdotes.

Fred Eyre is one of the reasons I knocked GMR on the head. My dad has always been hypercritical of City and even he reckons Fred needs to give his head a wobble. He sounds like a dour, Northern version of Marvin the Robot from Hitch Hikers' Guide.

mcfc_ms said:
Considering he plays games for the world and European champions Spain, I would say he is a decent player.

Let's see how he does in his favoured position. Too many people getting on the backs of too many players.
Played twice for Spain. Would he get into any of the other top 5 teams in the premiership ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.