Garcia and his fans from last season

Vienna_70 said:
I thought Javi did very well today, too.

It's unbelievable that he is critcised when we keep a clean sheet, and yet those defenders who had an poor day in comparison to Garcia escape relatively unscathed, as do our attacking players who were piss-poor and seemingly lacking ideas and nous to break down a stubborn defence.

Garcia, like Barry, more than makes up for any lack of pace with his positioning, experience and reading of the game.

When we have defenders injured and games coming thick and fast, Javi is just he sort of player we need.
Yeah, he wasn't the problem today. The manager was the problem as he seems to have little clue yet how to set up a squad's midfield and forwards for the Premier League.

dctid said:
Too much slating of him on here

Any critism should be aimed at the manager for putting Javi in that position he aint a centre half

Where else is he meant to fucking play him. We have two defenders out and Richards who can fill in is out too. What is Pellegrini meant to do?

Nasty nearly put the ball in our net today but Garcia with that pass to a Stoke player after a trackback could have costed a goal.

Garcia for me is simply not built for this league. Wish he could break into some fine form and I cross my fingers but it seems like this is his chance with everyone out and he's not taking it. I think he will 100% be sold in the summer. I really wish the club would have kept Barry.

dctid said:

Any critism should be aimed at the manager for putting Javi in that position he aint a centre half
The problem is,he ain't a midfielder either.

FantasyIreland said:
dctid said:

Actually, if we base it on this season alone. He has been the 2nd best defender we've put out. Kompany had 1 great game and Garcia has had one decent one, and a very good one.

He has been better than: Lescott, Clichy, Zabaleta and Nastasic. The fallacy that he is a poor player is laughable. based on his performance this season: If he hasn't been good enough, then the likes of Zab, Lescott, Clichy and Kolarov should be no where near our team. He has been better than the lot.

Best defender on the park today.

I don't see it Dax,he should not be wearing the colours of a team who want to achieve anything more than mid table stability.

daxman said:
FantasyIreland said:
dctid said:

Actually, if we base it on this season alone. He has been the 2nd best defender we've put out. Kompany had 1 great game and Garcia has had one decent one, and a very good one.

He has been better than: Lescott, Clichy, Zabaleta and Nastasic. The fallacy that he is a poor player is laughable. based on his performance this season: If he hasn't been good enough, then the likes of Zab, Lescott, Clichy and Kolarov should be no where near our team. He has been better than the lot.

Best defender on the park today.

Completely agree with you mate.

NipHolmes said:
dctid said:

Where else is he meant to fucking play him. We have two defenders out and Richards who can fill in is out too. What is Pellegrini meant to do?

Nasty nearly put the ball in our net today but Garcia with that pass to a Stoke player after a trackback could have costed a goal.

Garcia for me is simply not built for this league. Wish he could break into some fine form and I cross my fingers but it seems like this is his chance with everyone out and he's not taking it. I think he will 100% be sold in the summer. I really wish the club would have kept Barry.
Barry covers a lot of ground and uses the ball well when he has it, but when we don't have the ball he is useless, and a liability

Garcia had a good game today. One of the few that did, and you really should be able to accept that

NipHolmes said:
dctid said:

You'd have to say keeping a clean sheet against Stoke in a game were we mostly dominated is taking his chance though surely? He has the quality on the ball Pellegrini is looking for and performances like today will help him.

After today I think if he can learn the nuances of being a CB he could do alright there.

I don't think there's been a City player in the last 3-4 years who's had less support than Javi and it's good to see people actually praising him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.