Garcia and his fans from last season

FantasyIreland said:
I don't see it Dax,he should not be wearing the colours of a team who want to achieve anything more than mid table stability.
We can argue as to whether he is good enough. Sure, I agree with most he was mostly underwhelming last season. Actually, he played most of last season, the way Rodwell played today, nonedescript with a few mistakes.

But this season, he has played 2 games at CD, and came in as a sub in midfield in another. In none of those three games was he the worst player on the field. He was never really in the worst 5 on the field.

Today, Harts and Yaya could be argued to have played better, but no one else. Against Cacrdiff: He was better at his job than most of our mids were at theirs. And He wasn't the defender giving up all the goals.

So why is he the standout scapegoat? Sure for last season's abysmal effort, I get that. But if we are going by performances this season. He is not in the worst 50% of our squad.

Some of the criticism of Javi I'm seeing here , reminds me very much of the kind of stuff we were hearing from other clubs' fans about Gareth Barry just a few years ago !
I put that down to people who really didn't seem to know what they were looking at , and this seems very similar , though sadly it's coming from people who should be supporting him , and in view of how Barry turned out , should know better!

Ell-ano said:
Paul11/12 said:
Last season Garcia had city fans split 2 ways. Half thought he was too slow and not very good, and half thought he'd improve in his second season and become a great asset to the club once he'd "adjusted" to the prem.

I was wondering who the "Garcia fans" would like him to get game time in front of? Yaya/Fern/Milner/Rodwell/Silva/Navas/Nasri?

I wouldn't choose him in front of any of those players!
Barry's gone, and if you see Milner as the back up for Navas, you have a midfield of Yaya, Fernandinho, Rodwell and Garcia as a 4 which is about right i reckon

WHAT? I didn't mention Barry, because I knew he was on his way out! U didn't mention Silva/Nasri, I'm peeved about Garcia because!
1, We bought him because he "was better more cultured than NDJ"
2,He's slow
3, we paid stupid money for him!
4,IMO the reason we were so poor last year was because Bobby felt he had to put him in the team. He slowed our counters down, he's too slow(no pace can be overcome by great positional play, he didn't know which way we were shooting half the time)
5,He played before Milner who dropped to the bench(everytime James got a chance MOTM)
6,The defence have no confidence when he's playing.
7,Yaya can't afford to push on and do his thing because no cover!
8,He's stayed before Barry(MOM against Chelsea tonight)
9, He's shit!

Barry was good for Everton today, but Leon Osman was the man of the match for me. He was everywhere. Barry made some key plays, but Osman was the workhorse on the team.

Marvin said:
bluethunder said:
sboroMCFC said:
If Garcia is such a bad player then why does he get into the Spain squad?

he rarely gets into the spain squad.

we probably signed garcia because he made his debut in the spain team last year. mancini probably thought he was the next busquets.
He has played regularly in the Champions League for Benfica and most keen football fans would know who he was let alone Roberto Mancini

He's also regularly around the Spanish squad. For example he was in the provisional squad for the Spanish Confederations Squad and as you know Spain have a fantastic array of midfield talent. For example Herrera of Athletic Bilbao who Utd tried to buy would walk straight into the England team

If Busquets came to England, there'd be a fair number of fans who wouldn't rate him because he isn't "flash" like Xavi and Iniesta, but most good teams need a strong defensive midfielder

Busquets made Yaya surplus to requirements at Barca(wrongly IMO) but a good player non the less, I'd have NDJ/Barry over him anyday of the week, but with Messi, Xavi, Iniesta, Fabregas in m/f positions how can Garcia be compared? It's like comparing Siva to Wiekens, don't get me wrong Wiekens was a hero of mine!

Another white elephant !

Seemed to be one of those players in the team just to justify that he was bought, we sit and hope he may proove a point but after the displays we have seen its not going to happen. Time to admit he was a very bad choice, who ever thought of getting rid of NDj.

Garcia dropped from defence. We may get to see him in midfield when we can really gauge if he has progressed from last season or not.

AshtonBlueMooner said:
Garcia dropped from defence. We may get to see him in midfield when we can really gauge if he has progressed from last season or not.

Progressed from last season? we spent 16 million on him and sold NDJ because of his "class"! Good players out of form or learning a different league at least show a bit of something now and again, what's he shown glimpses of that will improve our team?

trevorriley said:
who ever thought of getting rid of NDj.

That would have been NDJ........ so he could acquire a huge signing on fee and a wage beyond his worth at Milan.

I do agree though,Garcia is a woefully inferior/inadequate replacement.

Sandro would be a good shout in Jan.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.