Garcia and his fans from last season

BlueSiam said:
CaliforniaBlue said:
Vienna_70 said:
Pellers probably played Garcia rather than Lescott because he didn't want two left footers.

Or maybe he's saving JoLo got Moscow.

What odds on Kompany-Demichelis for Moscow...?

LONG!

I'd say Garcia/Nasty again unless Komps can make it. I don't see DeMichelis getting his debut in such an important game.
As you say, the 2 lefties together don't fit well.

I thought MP picked Garcia because he expected West Ham to play 4-6-0. In which case it made sense have someone like Garcia who could pick up one of their attacking midfielders, rather than having two out and out CB's with nobody to mark?

I don't know anything about CSKA's players and formation so couldn't comment on what our best defensive set up would be against them.

FantasyIreland said:
chaddblue said:
FantasyIreland said:
Yep,0-3 was an excellent result.

Not sure what you mean? Are you suggesting the goal was Garcias fault?

More so Clichy,however,Garcia could have done better so that is just one example why stating he 'didn't put a foot wrong' is nonsense.

Like I said previous though,he had a very good game.

Not sure anybody could be blamed for their goal. Lucky and unintentional flick by Morrison (but of course Sky suggested it was the work of genius as they'd been building up all the game as the next big thing) and fair play to the other lad, it was a good finish

ninjamonkey said:
Everybody is all too eager to shit on him when he does something wrong but credit where it's due today he had a very solid game. Can be hard when not playing directly against a marker and instead have to be more positionally aware of your surroundings at all times and i thought he did it well today, made one excellent sliding block from a very dangerous cross that looked like it was about to be tapped in if he didn't get there and could so easily have put it into his own net.

Still get scared shitless when it's down to him to make a challenge but he's trying and getting marginally better each time. End of the day he's not a centre half and we can't blame him too much for not being very good there. It's like putting Navas at right back and expecting him to perform like Zab last season.

Correct me if wrong, but wasn't that Nasty?

chaddblue said:
FantasyIreland said:
chaddblue said:
Probably his best performance for us so far. Can't remember him putting a foot wrong

Some would probably see it that way as Garcia was the closest City player to the West Ham score and he could probably (maybe harshly) be accused of 'losing his man' ......

but when i reflect upon that goal it would have been a very difficult one to prevent in my eyes .... first because of the totally unexpected 'lob' towards scorer , Vaz Te , from his team mate , something which which appeared to catch everyone out , barring the very alert Vaz Te , certainly Joe Hart didn't expect it to happen either ..... and secondly because by that point Garcia was the wrong side of Vaz Te , and , like Hart , could do nothing to prevent the brilliantly executed close range overhead kick .

Aside from this incident you'd have to say that City defended excellently , even after West Ham had scored that goal , and Garcia played a big part in that.

Rammy Blue said:
ninjamonkey said:
Everybody is all too eager to shit on him when he does something wrong but credit where it's due today he had a very solid game. Can be hard when not playing directly against a marker and instead have to be more positionally aware of your surroundings at all times and i thought he did it well today, made one excellent sliding block from a very dangerous cross that looked like it was about to be tapped in if he didn't get there and could so easily have put it into his own net.

Still get scared shitless when it's down to him to make a challenge but he's trying and getting marginally better each time. End of the day he's not a centre half and we can't blame him too much for not being very good there. It's like putting Navas at right back and expecting him to perform like Zab last season.

pretty sure it was Garcia

chaddblue said:
Rammy Blue said:
ninjamonkey said:

The commentators kept saying Garcia but it was Nasty. Having said that I thought Garcia had a decent game.

chaddblue said:
Rammy Blue said:
ninjamonkey said:

It was Nastasic

chaddblue said:
Rammy Blue said:
ninjamonkey said:

No it was nasty. Unless the Tv has begun to lie again !

FantasyIreland said:
chaddblue said:
FantasyIreland said:

More so Clichy,however,Garcia could have done better so that is just one example why stating he 'didn't put a foot wrong' is nonsense.

Like I said previous though,he had a very good game.

<a class="postlink" href="http://youtu.be/fIQPkCR4E6k" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://youtu.be/fIQPkCR4E6k</a>

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.