Garcia and his fans from last season

headless-chickens.jpg

Wretched Vengeance said:
Had a good game and today that is all that really matters.

Agreed.You can only play the team put in front of you and I thought he played very well. Considering the reshuffling of the back 4 yet again I thought defensively we were better than I expected. Now to put the Russians in their place in Moscow and Stamford Bridge!
CTID

He didn't make any major mistake but he did step off his man that contributed to their goal.

He gets attracted to the ball way too easily, playing like a midfielder at CB. He just cannot play CB, he is not a CB. He leaves his man and leaves a big gap in our defence.

Firasdo said:
So the "Engineer" Pellegrini sees Garcia as a better CB than Lescott it seems :)

No, not better than Lescott, he feels like Mancini did that Lescott/Nasty partnership too leftsided! i think Pell/Mancini were right! Do U think if Vinnie fit and nasty injured Garcia would've played tonight?

CaliforniaBlue said:
Vienna_70 said:
Firasdo said:
So the "Engineer" Pellegrini sees Garcia as a better CB than Lescott it seems :)

Pellers probably played Garcia rather than Lescott because he didn't want two left footers.

Or maybe he's saving JoLo got Moscow.

What odds on Kompany-Demichelis for Moscow...?

LONG!

I'd say Garcia/Nasty again unless Komps can make it. I don't see DeMichelis getting his debut in such an important game.
As you say, the 2 lefties together don't fit well.

Everybody is all too eager to shit on him when he does something wrong but credit where it's due today he had a very solid game. Can be hard when not playing directly against a marker and instead have to be more positionally aware of your surroundings at all times and i thought he did it well today, made one excellent sliding block from a very dangerous cross that looked like it was about to be tapped in if he didn't get there and could so easily have put it into his own net.

Still get scared shitless when it's down to him to make a challenge but he's trying and getting marginally better each time. End of the day he's not a centre half and we can't blame him too much for not being very good there. It's like putting Navas at right back and expecting him to perform like Zab last season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.