Garcia and his fans from last season

gordondaviesmoustache said:
What is worth saying (if it hasn't already been said) is that if Pellegrini can get the same sort of improvement out of Garcia that he seems to out of Edin then he'll definitely do a job for us.

Time will tell, as he's not going anywhere imo.
Correct

The cookie monster said:
What is worth saying (if it hasn't already been said) is that if Pellegrini can get the same sort of improvement out of Garcia that he seems to out of Edin then he'll definitely do a job for us.

Correct

The difference being Edin had the skills and ability in his locker,all that was needed was a shot of confidence and an arm around his shoulder,in other words,good management.

garcia will be a valuable squad member this season, in the big games in the PL & away in the champions league he will be used to shield the defence while yaya & fernandinho boss the midfield and make sure we don't get overrun like we did many times last season in europe.

garcia will be a valuable squad member this season, in the big games in the PL & away in the champions league he will be used to shield the defence while yaya & fernandinho boss the midfield and make sure we don't get overrun like we did many times last season in europe.

Owenmcfc81 said:

Squad member but valuable imo is Milner.

If I was manager and had to pick replacement to Fernandinho or Yaya I'd go with Rodwell or Milner each time and every time.

I remain unconvinced about Garcia , he appears to be more of a liability than a bonus right now.

FantasyIreland said:
The cookie monster said:

Correct

The difference being Edin had the skills and ability in his locker,all that was needed was a shot of confidence and an arm around his shoulder,in other words,good management.

Exactly.

The reason Edin was poor previously was because of Mancini not playing to his strengths and blowing the lads confidence. With Garcia I don't see a player trying to break out. I see a decent player who looks completely out of his depth and no little confidence on the ball. Little passes to another rather than taking responsibility and making something happen.

I think if he was a United or Chelsea player the criticism would be more forthcoming. I heard good things about Savic from some...

NipHolmes said:
Owenmcfc81 said:

If I was manager and had to pick replacement to Fernandinho or Yaya I'd go with Rodwell or Milner each time and every time.
Do you think rodwell was a good buy then?

The cookie monster said:
NipHolmes said:
Owenmcfc81 said:

Do you think rodwell was a good buy then?

Hard to put into a short comment but I'd say a so-so purchase.

He can be a good player and maybe a top player but he's an injury prone player way before we bought him and a slow burner purchase. His raw ability, pace and stamina are all major attributes but I find him a frustrating player due to the lack of dependence we have on him.

It's a shame for him and us that he gets injured so much and I truly hope he can overcome them.

See Garcia and Rodwell side by side with their attributes and weaknesses. Every time I'd go with Rodwell. He's quicker, can track back quicker and make a good strong tackle, he's capable of scoring a goal and he can be a make a box to box run. Garcia on the other hand...

I see Rodwell as a gamble. You can see he is talented and can play but his injuries are a major factor. Only time will tell if he's a good buy, for now he's punt.

I didn't think Garcia had any "fans" last season, just some people were more willing to be patient with him than others.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.