Garcia and his fans from last season

He was injured early on played less than half the games . Did not look particularly impressive last season but that is perhaps understandable in the circumstances. This does not mean he will definitely come good but it does mean I am very happy for Pellegrini to use his judgement.

The cookie monster said:
cleavers said:
Pellegrini at least has some faith in the guy.
Which is why I would back our managers opinion of him over a couple of posters on here with there pub team quotes.

This gem.

I remember when criticising Savic and saying he should be sold, I was always greeted with what you said. Absolute bollocks. Managers fuck up, Mancini did with Garcia, Savic, Kolarov and the 3-5-2. Only when a poor play is sold or manager goes are people suddenly allowed to be correct or have a respected opinion.

Garcia is surplus to requirements and not up to our level. Simple as that.

cleavers said:
FantasyIreland said:
I admire your faith in a player blatantly out of his depth and one i'm convinced would cost us dearly against anything approaching quality opposition.
Well I'll trust Pellegrini's opinion before yours, so far he has been selected to be part of the squad.

He sold him at Madrid.

Given the chance I think he will sell him again. We are also paper thin at the back. Says a lot about Garcia that he was bought as an alternative to Barry when NDJ was sold, along with a prospect in Rodwell. We then replace Garcia and Barry with Fernandinho and use Garcia as a fill in at the back, an alternative CB now. Basically he's a 16m 80kpw utility man. Can't have that. He has to go, he doesn't justify his existence here to be blunt. Getting 10-15 games a season out of him just isn't right. We should loan with view to sell or put him up for sale next summer. That's what I hope for. Arsenal are on the cusp of bringing in Kondogbia, he will cost similar, compare the two. We were robbed.

NipHolmes said:
cleavers said:
FantasyIreland said:
I admire your faith in a player blatantly out of his depth and one i'm convinced would cost us dearly against anything approaching quality opposition.
Well I'll trust Pellegrini's opinion before yours, so far he has been selected to be part of the squad.

He sold him at Madrid.

Given the chance I think he will sell him again. We are also paper thin at the back. Says a lot about Garcia that he was bought as an alternative to Barry when NDJ was sold, along with a prospect in Rodwell. We then replace Garcia and Barry with Fernandinho and use Garcia as a fill in at the back, an alternative CB now. Basically he's a 16m 80kpw utility man. Can't have that. He has to go, he doesn't justify his existence here to be blunt. Getting 10-15 games a season out of him just isn't right. We should loan with view to sell or put him up for sale next summer. That's what I hope for. Arsenal are on the cusp of bringing in Kondogbia, he will cost similar, compare the two. We were robbed.
So you have an opinion, well done, it doesn't make you right though, we'll see what happens in due course, in the meantime is it too much to ask that people get off his back ?

PS: I'd never heard of this other fella, so have no opinion on him. Good on FM13 is he ?

cleavers said:
NipHolmes said:
cleavers said:

He sold him at Madrid.

So you have an opinion, well done, it doesn't make you right though, we'll see what happens in due course, in the meantime is it too much to ask that people get off his back ?

PS: I'd never heard of this other fella, so have no opinion on him. Good on FM13 is he ?

Last line sums your narrow-minded and presumptious attitude up.

I watched Seville many times last season. Watched more La Liga than premier league. Hence why when we went for Navas especially I knew we were on a good turn.

You'll see Kondogbia next season and you'll realise how bad the Garcia purchase is/was in terms of value and what we got for our money.

Not got FM.

NipHolmes said:
Who's being presumptious ?

I will admit that I don't watch much spanish football, as its of little interest to me, if there's nothing else on then I might watch a game, but 1/2 an hour after it finishes, I'll probably have forgotten who was playing who, let alone who the players were. So I profusely apologise that I'm not up to your standard of international footballing knowledge.

I do though watch City players, and get sick fed up with people slagging them off un-necessarily, as this thread is doing, I'm more than happy to let the manager select the players, and I'll support them as long as he does. My opinion on Garcia so far is 6/10 could do better, hopefully that will go up if he stays.

cleavers said:
NipHolmes said:
Who's being presumptious ?

I will admit that I don't watch much spanish football, as its of little interest to me, if there's nothing else on then I might watch a game, but 1/2 an hour after it finishes, I'll probably have forgotten who was playing who, let alone who the players were. So I profusely apologise that I'm not up to your standard of international footballing knowledge.

I do though watch City players, and get sick fed up with people slagging them off un-necessarily, as this thread is doing, I'm more than happy to let the manager select the players, and I'll support them as long as he does. My opinion on Garcia so far is 6/10 could do better, hopefully that will go up if he stays.

You're FM comment. I'll take the apology for that quip, nothing else.

Take my word on Kondogbia. He does blow a little cold every now and then but he's very young but supremely talented. Much superior skill set and natural talent than Garcia who's only real attribute is being good in the air, he may read a game well but haha positioning and low speed prevent him from making much of that. Short safe passes sideways to Yaya or Barry last season. Offered us very little, I can't even think half a dozen games where he made his presence appreciated.

La Liga is a better league imo, that's why I watch it so much. Teams play to win instead of parking the bus like our league. More attractive and skillful league. Seville fyi have gone from bring a decent side to a team who've sold all their stars.

NipHolmes said:
You're FM comment. I'll take the apology for that quip, nothing else.
It was just sarcasm that was all, didn't expect it to upset you so much.

As for the rest, good for you, me I'm a Manchester City supporter, so the only league that grabs me is the PL, and how it affects City. I do notice other leagues, mainly because I follow teams in them, mainly minor leagues I might add. That's my choice.

I may see this Kondogbia fella if he turns up at Arsenal, until then I'm happy to wait for him to appear in the WC next year, unless he turns the CL upside down, but at 20 I'm not expecting he will.

I don't have a problem with people giving their opinions, right or wrong, on a player. That is what this forum is about. What does make me laugh is that there appear to be 'untouchable' players who are overpraised and can simply do no wrong and others who get slaughtered as part of a herd mentality as soon as they fart out of place. For example, am I the only person who though captain fantastic got himself injured and out for a month the other night with a ridiculously unnecessary and stupid tackle ? Would a truly great defender have dived in like that in that situation,e.g. a great defender like a Baresi or a Beckenbaur ? Or would a great defender have dived in and got himself sent off in an FA cup final and probably cost us the FA cup like Zabaleta did ? ( BTW I am a big fan of both Kompany and Zabaleta ).

Personally I think Javi Garcia is a good footballer and has played well on many occasions for City. He is asked to do a job which he does well and often looks exposed because of lack of support from his fellow midfielders, Silva, Nasri and Toure being the prime culprits. However, I accept that I am probably in the minority as I do like my footballers with intelligence and technique ahead of brawn and pace, which is often seen to be what makes a great player according to British football fans, You know, the ones who play like that and have never won a bean at international level as opposed to a team like Spain where, er, brain and technique are seen as the priority !

As for the guy who said Garcia is 'OK' against ten man Newcastle and couldn't cut it against the top sides, I suggest you watch a 90 minute recording of the Real Madrid and Chelsea games from last season, then come back and let me know who you thought of Garcias performances in those games !!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.