Garcia and his fans from last season

Troubadour said:
NipHolmes said:
[flash=][/flash]
kenzie115 said:
I think we should reserve judgement until we've seen him play a few games under the new manager. We've seen the difference he's made to Dzeko, and to a lesser extent Nasri, it's not unreasonable to suggest that Garcia's performances may improve from last year too.

The big difference to Dzeko is speeded up play and width. As for Nasri, being played through the centre always is a bonus for the lad mate. When he's out wide he's rotten, played through the middle he's one of the best in the league imho.

-- Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:31 pm --

Ray78 said:
Did a very good job at Stoke in the FA Cup game last season at centre back and even though he isn't a destroyer he does a very good job screening which is more than useful when play the Champions League.

Watford game in the FA cup?

In fairness he was very good v Stoke, good headed goal although I think that was a league game.

And thereby hangs a tale...
He's good (or at least decent) against the likes of Stoke & Watford and not the likes of Chelsea or any other decent side in the Prem.
I really don't think he's up to it. Also didn't our new manager sell him sharpish and have him out of the door ASAP when he took over at Malaga?
He played well against Chelsea and Real Madrid last season.

I think its quite frankly a joke that the OP has said that basically if you didn't slag Garcia off you are now a Garcia fan.

Ever considered that said fan is willing to give the lad a chance to adapt to a new team, country, playing style, manager (twice) and everything else that goes along with moving from a team where you have made your name.

For the record, I think Garcia is a good player. If I was the City manager I wouldn't play him ahead of Yaya, Rodwell or Fernandinho etc but so what. Doesn't mean I can't rate Garcia.

Only player in the squad (now Sinclair has gone) that I can't see the point of. Makes me nervous every time he is on the pitch particularly at centre back...I feel sorry for him at CB he's so bad but it's not his fault we didn't buy cover.

Stands out as poor in our team but could be fine in another club. Would love him to come good but I can't see it yet and he's been here a year now.

Troubadour said:
NipHolmes said:
[flash=][/flash]
kenzie115 said:
I think we should reserve judgement until we've seen him play a few games under the new manager. We've seen the difference he's made to Dzeko, and to a lesser extent Nasri, it's not unreasonable to suggest that Garcia's performances may improve from last year too.

The big difference to Dzeko is speeded up play and width. As for Nasri, being played through the centre always is a bonus for the lad mate. When he's out wide he's rotten, played through the middle he's one of the best in the league imho.

Ray78 said:
Did a very good job at Stoke in the FA Cup game last season at centre back and even though he isn't a destroyer he does a very good job screening which is more than useful when play the Champions League.

In fairness he was very good v Stoke, good headed goal although I think that was a league game.

He's good (or at least decent) against the likes of Stoke & Watford and not the likes of Chelsea or any other decent side in the Prem.
I really don't think he's up to it. Also didn't our new manager sell him sharpish and have him out of the door ASAP when he took over at Malaga?

Sorry mate, shoulda been clearer, he was awful v Watford.

CTID101 said:
I think its quite frankly a joke that the OP has said that basically if you didn't slag Garcia off you are now a Garcia fan.

Ever considered that said fan is willing to give the lad a chance to adapt to a new team, country, playing style, manager (twice) and everything else that goes along with moving from a team where you have made your name.

For the record, I think Garcia is a good player. If I was the City manager I wouldn't play him ahead of Yaya, Rodwell or Fernandinho etc but so what. Doesn't mean I can't rate Garcia.

I wouldn't criticise if he was 20k a week but he's on 80k. We cannot have keep a player who's 4th or 5th choice who's on that money. It's a waste. RVP was on 90k pw at Arsenal and won player of the year. Kind of puts perspective the value for money argument. I'd sooner use Razak as a utility player as it aids development and saves 4.6m a year off the wage bill. The fact he's on the same money as Jovetic and Navas is shocking. If Txiki was here last season I'm certain Garcia would not be here.

Don't see this as hate, the lads done nothing to get that. It's just my/our club would be financially better off without him and we wouldn't miss him imo. I'm gutted to think that Barry leaves and Garcia stays. That's wrong imo.

He's surely our first choice holding midfielder? (or more to the point, our only holding midfielder) If we ever decide to play a more solid team, maybe a 433 against a tough opposition, then we'll need him in there alongside Yaya and Fernandinho. He gives us options, tactically

NipHolmes said:
CTID101 said:

I wouldn't criticise if he was 20k a week but he's on 80k. We cannot have keep a player who's 4th or 5th choice who's on that money. It's a waste. RVP was on 90k pw at Arsenal and won player of the year. Kind of puts perspective the value for money argument. I'd sooner use Razak as a utility player as it aids development and saves 4.6m a year off the wage bill. The fact he's on the same money as Jovetic and Navas is shocking. If Txiki was here last season I'm certain Garcia would not be here.

Don't see this as hate, the lads done nothing to get that. It's just my/our club would be financially better off without him and we wouldn't miss him imo. I'm gutted to think that Barry leaves and Garcia stays. That's wrong imo.

It's not his fault. Javi Garcia was a panic buy and no team is going to pay his wages now.
This could be a new "Roque Santa Cruz", who went on loan and City paid a high percentage of his wages.

Or keem him and wait...

Caveman said:
Troubadour said:
NipHolmes said:
[flash=][/flash]

He played well against Chelsea and Real Madrid last season.
...and since he's never played at Malaga, that would be a no.

I like Garcia and think he deserves a chance, he didn't get it last season properly but this season I hope he will. He fits in well with our team and we need consistency and he can give it. IMHO

And he appears to have a good sense of humour as his actions after the elastic training band snapped and he and Zaba knew it would appear on Youtube!! Nice one Garcia and even better for Zaba; 'put it ten times on the website please, tweet it, everything, facebook'

NipHolmes said:
CTID101 said:

This is spot-on IMO.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.