Garcia

Status
Not open for further replies.
SebastianBlue said:
waspish said:
Cobwebcat said:
The way we are going to play...in the opposition half pressing high up the pitch, teams will break on us or simply boot the ball upfield and chase it. We are going to need pace at the back or teams will be clean through on goal in my opinion. I'd be more worried Garcia playing at centre half than in midfield. Sometimes his only option is to try and drag the opposition player down and that's if he can catch them in the first place.

Yeah fair point, means Garcia might not get any game time at all

The problem there is that his point is that we need pace and guile at CB with our new system. Despite what some of said, Garcia is actually quicker than Lescott.

And in any purposeful possession, high pressure system (a la Barça) you need defenders who are comfortable on the ball and have vision so link defense with attack--Garcia has those attributes, Lescott absolutely does not.

Again, I would not say Garcia is going to be a world-class centreback. But I do think he is a much better back-up to Kompany or Nastasic (both of which have the attributes I have listed) in our new system.

I do agree with that but will Garcia be happy as a back up centre back and the occasional cup game player?

SebastianBlue said:
waspish said:
Cobwebcat said:
The way we are going to play...in the opposition half pressing high up the pitch, teams will break on us or simply boot the ball upfield and chase it. We are going to need pace at the back or teams will be clean through on goal in my opinion. I'd be more worried Garcia playing at centre half than in midfield. Sometimes his only option is to try and drag the opposition player down and that's if he can catch them in the first place.

The problem there is that his point is that we need pace and guile at CB with our new system. Despite what some of said, Garcia is actually quicker than Lescott.

And in any purposeful possession, high pressure system (a la Barça) you need defenders who are comfortable on the ball and have vision so link defense with attack--Garcia has those attributes, Lescott absolutely does not.

Again, I would not say Garcia is going to be a world-class centreback. But I do think he is a much better back-up to Kompany or Nastasic (both of which have the attributes I have listed) in our new system.

1. Garcia is not faster than Lescott. He's not faster than anyone at city. He might pick up a bit after 5 yards but by then it's too late. Attackers don't walk past Lescott like they do with Garcia who then pulls them back.

2. We aren't in the market for a back up. We want a starter next to Kompany who has CL experience. Nastasic will be a great player but he's still learning.

IMO quiet simply we fucked up last season buying Garcia and Sinclair and because we bought them last season we are not going to flog them to someone (even if we could) this year.
The best we are going to get for them is a loan somewhere or try and shoehorn them into the side to try and increase their value over the next season and allow them to leave next summer. Garcia as a standby 4th choice centre back is about as good as it gets for him, I would even pick Richards as standin before using Garcia.. As for Sinclair he will be lucky to get games in early rounds of COC and FA cup.

No point crying over spilt milk.

waspish said:
SebastianBlue said:
waspish said:

I do agree with that but will Garcia be happy as a back up centre back and the occasional cup game player?

I think he'll play more often than we imagine right now. Especially as his heading ability makes him a perfect foil to the Stokes, West Hams, and Albions of the world.

I reckon unfair criticism of him last year to be fair - not helping him. I'd give any foreigner a season to settle in first before they make a positive impact (quite a lot need a season to bed in).

Btw, Garcia was abysmal at CB against Southampton away.

Cobwebcat said:
SebastianBlue said:
waspish said:

1. Garcia is not faster than Lescott. He's not faster than anyone at city. He might pick up a bit after 5 yards but by then it's too late. Attackers don't walk past Lescott like they do with Garcia who then pulls them back.

2. We aren't in the market for a back up. We want a starter next to Kompany who has CL experience. Nastasic will be a great player but he's still learning.

1. I have no idea why you think Lescott has pace but I don't think I am going to change your mind so we'll just have to agree that you're crazy. ;-)

2. I think we are most definitely in the market for a back-up... Or am I misinterpreting Pelle's repeated comments about needing two players in every position? Also, Nastasic has already played fairly well at the top level and taking away from regular playing time now would kill his development.

-- Sun Jul 21, 2013 1:03 pm --

Rammyblues said:
IMO quiet simply we fucked up last season buying Garcia and Sinclair and because we bought them last season we are not going to flog them to someone (even if we could) this year.
The best we are going to get for them is a loan somewhere or try and shoehorn them into the side to try and increase their value over the next season and allow them to leave next summer. Garcia as a standby 4th choice centre back is about as good as it gets for him, I would even pick Richards as standin before using Garcia.. As for Sinclair he will be lucky to get games in early rounds of COC and FA cup.

Was it chocolate, coffee, or just plain?<br /><br />-- Sun Jul 21, 2013 1:05 pm --<br /><br />
M24 Citizen said:
I reckon unfair criticism of him last year to be fair - not helping him. I'd give any foreigner a season to settle in first before they make a positive impact (quite a lot need a season to bed in).

As I have said before, so was Lescott against QPR (and several others in our title winning season and last year when he actually made an appearance) but we all forgot about it because we won.

Imagine what this forum would be saying of him now if Dzeko and Agüero hadn't put those balls in the back of the net?

SebastianBlue said:
Cobwebcat said:
SebastianBlue said:

1. I have no idea why you think Lescott has pace but I don't think I am going to change your mind so we'll just have to agree that you're crazy. ;-)

2. I think we are most definitely in the market for a back-up... Or am I misinterpreting Pelle's repeated comments about needing two players in every position? Also, Nastasic has already played fairly well at the top level and taking away from regular playing time now would kill his development.

Rammyblues said:

Was it chocolate, coffee, or just plain?

-- Sun Jul 21, 2013 1:05 pm --

M24 Citizen said:

As I have said before, so was Lescott against QPR (and several others in our title winning season and last year when he actually made an appearance) but we all forgot about it because we won.

Imagine what this forum would be saying of him now if Dzeko and Agüero hadn't put those balls in the back of the net?

1. I didn't say Lescott had pace I said he was quicker than Garcia which he is.

2. Yes you got it wrong. Pelle said he wants two players for every position but he didn't say we were in the market for a back up. Overplaying Nastasic will ruin him not the other way around.

Cobwebcat said:
SebastianBlue said:
Cobwebcat said:

Rammyblues said:

M24 Citizen said:

2. Yes you got it wrong. Pelle said he wants two players for every position but he didn't say we were in the market for a back up. Overplaying Nastasic will ruin him not the other way around.

1. Garcia is quicker than Lescott. Lescott is hands down the slowest player on our team. I am fairly sure Panti would win in a 20 yard sprint. But I think we're at a impasse here, so I'll stop debating.

2. If we need two players for every position than logically it is required we are in the market for two backup centrebacks. The market consists of both the players we have and players at other clubs. So, I am arguing that instead of purchasing Pepe for 15 odd million, and either replace Nastasic in the starting back four or make Pepe a backup, we leverage the players we already have.

If it were another centreback we were in for maybe my opinion would change (if we were trying to pinch Subotic from Dortmund I would be all for it) but its Pepe, who I have watched every year for the past three and who I can't stand.

I see where you are coming from, I really do, I just do not agree that either Pepe or Lescott is a better choice than Garcia given what we want to do and the value of either player.

SebastianBlue said:
Cobwebcat said:
SebastianBlue said:

1. Garcia is quicker than Lescott. Lescott is hands down the slowest player on our team. I am fairly sure Panti would win in a 20 yard sprint. But I think we're at a impasse here, so I'll stop debating.

2. If we need two players for every position than logically it is required we are in the market for two backup centrebacks. The market consists of both the players we have and players at other clubs. So, I am arguing that instead of purchasing Pepe for 15 odd million, and either replace Nastasic in the starting back four or make Pepe a backup, we leverage the players we already have.

If it were another centreback we were in for maybe my opinion would change (if we were trying to pinch Subotic from Dortmund I would be all for it) but its Pepe, who I have watched every year for the past three and who I can't stand.

I see where you are coming from, I really do, I just do not agree that either Pepe or Lescott is a better choice than Garcia given what we want to do and the value of either player.

Are you kidding? Garcia is up there with Alan kernaghan in terms of ability mate. Lescott at times in our title winning season was better than vinny and vk is my favourite player so I don't say that lightly. Everyone was dire against qpr. And regarding heading ability lescott is brilliant at winning the first ball and letting vk pick up the bits. We missed lescott hugely against Wigan as kone won everything in the final and held the ball up very well. Lescott would have dealt far better with him than nasty. Garcia literally adds nothing to our squad.

Cobwebcat said:
waspish said:
Rammy Blue said:
Garcia is fucking hopeless, one of the worst buys we've made in our recent era.

If we could get an offer in the region of £5-8mil I'm sure we'd rip the respective team's arm off.

Who would you think is better at centre back Lescot or Garcia?

Hmmmm one is an England International at Centre half and the other is a failed defensive midfielder being tried out at a position he is equally bad at.

I'll say Lescott. I hope Vinny would agree.
Is that supposed to be a mark in the positive column or the negative?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.