Garcia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cobwebcat said:
waspish said:
Rammy Blue said:
Garcia is fucking hopeless, one of the worst buys we've made in our recent era.

If we could get an offer in the region of £5-8mil I'm sure we'd rip the respective team's arm off.

Who would you think is better at centre back Lescot or Garcia?

Hmmmm one is an England International at Centre half and the other is a failed defensive midfielder being tried out at a position he is equally bad at.

I'll say Lescott. I hope Vinny would agree.

Pelle has given a lot of game time to Garcia kola Sinclair and Dzeko for a reason. I would suspect he's not made up his mind on these players yet. All need to improve otherwise they could be available at the right price

Cobwebcat said:
waspish said:
Rammy Blue said:
Garcia is fucking hopeless, one of the worst buys we've made in our recent era.

If we could get an offer in the region of £5-8mil I'm sure we'd rip the respective team's arm off.

Hmmmm one is an England International at Centre half and the other is a failed defensive midfielder being tried out at a position he is equally bad at.

For me they are very similar both read the game well intercept the ball well just Garcia has lore pace about him.. Funny really writing a player off so early I think midfield where players can go past him he looks very average stick Lescot in midfield and he would look worse, start thinking of him as a centre back and how he has performed in that position when he has played there.. Oh and Kompany came into the side as a defensive midfield look at him now..

twoddlehopper said:
kiam06 said:
He doesn't look mobile enough albeit he is neat and tidy on the ball, I'm not a massive fan but more than willing to give the guy time under Pellegrini to prove me wrong which I hope he does.

Agree with you, but IMO, the games where he looked at his slowest was when he was paired with Barry. When he had Milner and Rodwel either side of him he played his role great.
You don't have to be rapid to be good, he just needs to learn the English game better. 1 season on, hopfully he has.
New season, new style, I personally will not be judging any of our players on past performances. Dzeko, Garcia and the rest have the same chance as the others to shine in the new look city.
New era, excited by what gems might shine

All this stuff about him being a backup CB does my head in. The same was being said when we bought Rodwell. If it applies to Garcia then it must apply to Rodwell. I would get rid of Garcia in a heartbeat.

waspish said:
Cobwebcat said:
waspish said:

For me they are very similar both read the game well intercept the ball well just Garcia has lore pace about him.. Funny really writing a player off so early I think midfield where players can go past him he looks very average stick Lescot in midfield and he would look worse, start thinking of him as a centre back and how he has performed in that position when he has played there.. Oh and Kompany came into the side as a defensive midfield look at him now..

The way we are going to play...in the opposition half pressing high up the pitch, teams will break on us or simply boot the ball upfield and chase it. We are going to need pace at the back or teams will be clean through on goal in my opinion. I'd be more worried Garcia playing at centre half than in midfield. Sometimes his only option is to try and drag the opposition player down and that's if he can catch them in the first place.

neoblue said:
twoddlehopper said:
kiam06 said:
He doesn't look mobile enough albeit he is neat and tidy on the ball, I'm not a massive fan but more than willing to give the guy time under Pellegrini to prove me wrong which I hope he does.

Agree with you, but IMO, the games where he looked at his slowest was when he was paired with Barry. When he had Milner and Rodwel either side of him he played his role great.
You don't have to be rapid to be good, he just needs to learn the English game better. 1 season on, hopfully he has.
New season, new style, I personally will not be judging any of our players on past performances. Dzeko, Garcia and the rest have the same chance as the others to shine in the new look city.
New era, excited by what gems might shine

Exactly, hope he gives some of the kids a go too, Denis Suarez could be awesome, 19 years old and plays the way I think we're going. Could be the Isco we wanted, but already had...

Cobwebcat said:
waspish said:
Cobwebcat said:

The way we are going to play...in the opposition half pressing high up the pitch, teams will break on us or simply boot the ball upfield and chase it. We are going to need pace at the back or teams will be clean through on goal in my opinion. I'd be more worried Garcia playing at centre half than in midfield. Sometimes his only option is to try and drag the opposition player down and that's if he can catch them in the first place.

Yeah fair point, means Garcia might not get any game time at all

CityForever45 said:
You don't give up on a 16 millions buy after just one season, he'll be given an other chance

Unfortunately for those of us that believe he won't improve, you might be right there. I hope we don't try him in a very important game.

waspish said:
Cobwebcat said:
waspish said:

Yeah fair point, means Garcia might not get any game time at all

The problem there is that his point is that we need pace and guile at CB with our new system. Despite what some of said, Garcia is actually quicker than Lescott.

And in any purposeful possession, high pressure system (a la Barça) you need defenders who are comfortable on the ball and have vision so link defense with attack--Garcia has those attributes, Lescott absolutely does not.

Again, I would not say Garcia is going to be a world-class centreback. But I do think he is a much better back-up to Kompany or Nastasic (both of which have the attributes I have listed) in our new system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.