Garcia

Status
Not open for further replies.
grim up north said:
Cobwebcat said:
grim up north said:
And what specific qualities do you bring to supporting our great club

I didn't realise I had to apply. Where do I go for the interview? I might need a new suit now. Shit.

You don't mate was just asking a question, your berating of our player, thought you might have a particular quality that makes you special that's all

Its a forum mate. Get over it. There's no rule that says you have to worship everyone that pays in blue. I like 23 of our 25 man squad. Its an opinion.

Cobwebcat said:
grim up north said:
Cobwebcat said:
I didn't realise I had to apply. Where do I go for the interview? I might need a new suit now. Shit.

You don't mate was just asking a question, your berating of our player, thought you might have a particular quality that makes you special that's all

Its a forum mate. Get over it. There's no rule that says you have to worship everyone that pays in blue. I like 23 of our 25 man squad. Its an opinion.

As opinions go it's a bit behind the 8 ball. Shock horror - Javi Garcia isn't world class! ;) He's a squad player - not only that but he's currently fifth choice behind Yaya, Fernandinho, Rodwell, and Barry.

grim up north said:
Cobwebcat said:
grim up north said:
And what specific qualities do you bring to supporting our great club

Stop it. You're embarrassing yourself.

BillyShears said:
Cobwebcat said:
grim up north said:

As opinions go it's a bit behind the 8 ball. Shock horror - Javi Garcia isn't world class! ;) He's a squad player - not only that but he's currently fifth choice behind Yaya, Fernandinho, Rodwell, and Barry.

It's not the fact that he's not world class that's the issue. The problem is that he's barely even bottom half of the Prem class judging on what we've seen of him so far. Admittedly it is a bit of an obvious point to make that Garcia is awful but then when there are people in this thread suggesting that he should be the first reserve at centre back then maybe it was reasonable to make the point again.

Love_Each_Day said:
Cobwebcat said:
Love_Each_Day said:
I think Garcia could be a lot better with a change from last season's midfield system, his best game was against Chelsea at home on one of the few occasions we tried to change it up. I hope he comes good because there's no questioning his effort and he really wants to do well for us.

He wants to succeed but he might need a motorbike for it to work out....and that will make a mess of our pitch and hamper our passing game.

Haha he's certainly slow but just thought he looked a lot more secure with the energy and mobility of Rodwell and Milner beside him. Please never paired with Barry again though.

Spot on. Put a midfield engine next to him and his tactical nous, consistent passing and aerial dominance will shine.

NQCitizen said:
Love_Each_Day said:
Cobwebcat said:
He wants to succeed but he might need a motorbike for it to work out....and that will make a mess of our pitch and hamper our passing game.

Haha he's certainly slow but just thought he looked a lot more secure with the energy and mobility of Rodwell and Milner beside him. Please never paired with Barry again though.

Spot on. Put a midfield engine next to him and his tactical nous, consistent passing and aerial dominance will shine.

Haha so make him a passenger? Tactical nous do me a favour? He regularly gets rinsed and resorts to dragging his man down. Yeah he's a regular pirlo

bondsman said:
NQCitizen said:
Love_Each_Day said:

Haha so make him a passenger? Tactical nous do me a favour? He regularly gets rinsed and resorts to dragging his man down. Yeah he's a regular pirlo

Doesn't he get dribbled past once a game on average? Not a lot. He is tactically aware he fills in well when the full backs are upfield and directs the players around him. He captained a team that did well in Eurooe. His job was to screen the defence and he did it most of the time, he was too frequently left exposed by a lazy Yaya or a lumbering Barry (both great players, don't get me wrong).

Don't get the comparison with Pirlo at all, he's a playmaker, there's a reason he's never separated from a De Rossi, Gattuso, Vidal type player.

If you think someone who covers the attacking full backs (previously our key tactic) wins headers and plays the ball simply is a passenger then yeah - make him a passenger.

Hes a city player lets utilize him best possible why as a center half. We cant just throw money and shift out players all the time. Theres also players who need to be shift out before Garcia. Garcia can be an OK center half. Sinclair however, is fucking useless and only good for bringing in water at halftime. Barry on 120K should also be shipped out before Garcia.

NQCitizen said:
bondsman said:
NQCitizen said:

Doesn't he get dribbled past once a game on average? Not a lot. He is tactically aware he fills in well when the full backs are upfield and directs the players around him. He captained a team that did well in Eurooe. His job was to screen the defence and he did it most of the time, he was too frequently left exposed by a lazy Yaya or a lumbering Barry (both great players, don't get me wrong).

Don't get the comparison with Pirlo at all, he's a playmaker, there's a reason he's never separated from a De Rossi, Gattuso, Vidal type player.

If you think someone who covers the attacking full backs (previously our key tactic) wins headers and plays the ball simply is a passenger then yeah - make him a passenger.

We paid what...£17 million? If someone offered us half that do you think we would sell? I know I might have been a little unfair on the lad so I'm curious as to his valuation for those that can see more positives in his play than I can.

I think Pelle has already sold him once.

Cobwebcat said:
NQCitizen said:
bondsman said:

We paid what...£17 million? If someone offered us half that do you think we would sell? I know I might have been a little unfair on the lad so I'm curious as to his valuation for those that can see more positives in his play than I can.

I think Pelle has already sold him once.

I'd like to think we'd be more astute than that. He's had one stop start season, playing next to unsuitable partners in supposedly a dressing room in turmoil. He's young, has leadership qualities, has the physical attributes and seems to be hardworking and just quite a nice guy.

Right now 10m might be an attractive offer, I admit. But we probably couldn't actually get a much better replacement with that fee. Plus how many players of his age an experience would be happy to be 4/5th choice CM at a club.

From what I can see he has one weakness - PACE. Every single criticism stems from that.

Yeah he's slow but he had no preseason and speed isnt a pre requisite for his position.

Imo he's a good DM playing in a tactical set up and squad last year that massively exaggerated his only real weakness.

Couple that with BMs rabid need to find a player to laugh at and he's been unlucky. When I watch him play I see him intelligently mark space, make interceptions, win every bloody header and organise those around him.

Help him out with a bit of speedy cover and he'll justify his fee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.