Garcia

Status
Not open for further replies.
NQCitizen said:
Cobwebcat said:
NQCitizen said:
Doesn't he get dribbled past once a game on average? Not a lot. He is tactically aware he fills in well when the full backs are upfield and directs the players around him. He captained a team that did well in Eurooe. His job was to screen the defence and he did it most of the time, he was too frequently left exposed by a lazy Yaya or a lumbering Barry (both great players, don't get me wrong).

Don't get the comparison with Pirlo at all, he's a playmaker, there's a reason he's never separated from a De Rossi, Gattuso, Vidal type player.

If you think someone who covers the attacking full backs (previously our key tactic) wins headers and plays the ball simply is a passenger then yeah - make him a passenger.

We paid what...£17 million? If someone offered us half that do you think we would sell? I know I might have been a little unfair on the lad so I'm curious as to his valuation for those that can see more positives in his play than I can.

I think Pelle has already sold him once.

I'd like to think we'd be more astute than that. He's had one stop start season, playing next to unsuitable partners in supposedly a dressing room in turmoil. He's young, has leadership qualities, has the physical attributes and seems to be hardworking and just quite a nice guy.

Right now 10m might be an attractive offer, I admit. But we probably couldn't actually get a much better replacement with that fee. Plus how many players of his age an experience would be happy to be 4/5th choice CM at a club.

From what I can see he has one weakness - PACE. Every single criticism stems from that.

Yeah he's slow but he had no preseason and speed isnt a pre requisite for his position.

Imo he's a good DM playing in a tactical set up and squad last year that massively exaggerated his only real weakness.

Couple that with BMs rabid need to find a player to laugh at and he's been unlucky. When I watch him play I see him intelligently mark space, make interceptions, win every bloody header and organise those around him.

Help him out with a bit of speedy cover and he'll justify his fee.

Well argued but he is one of those players that when the opposition run at him I look to see who, if anyone, is backing him up as I assume that they will go past him.

If we are to press high we need two speedsters at centre half. I think he would do fine in Italy.

My nerves could not take watching him at centre back. I'd love to see him succeed here but I still dont share your optimism. Players at the highest level should be able to adapt to different systems not grab at someone going past them for fun.

Ultimately he is a midfielder but we have much better players there and Id like to see him go in part exchange to a club that suits his style more.

Cobwebcat said:
NQCitizen said:
Cobwebcat said:
We paid what...£17 million? If someone offered us half that do you think we would sell? I know I might have been a little unfair on the lad so I'm curious as to his valuation for those that can see more positives in his play than I can.

I'd like to think we'd be more astute than that. He's had one stop start season, playing next to unsuitable partners in supposedly a dressing room in turmoil. He's young, has leadership qualities, has the physical attributes and seems to be hardworking and just quite a nice guy.

Right now 10m might be an attractive offer, I admit. But we probably couldn't actually get a much better replacement with that fee. Plus how many players of his age an experience would be happy to be 4/5th choice CM at a club.

From what I can see he has one weakness - PACE. Every single criticism stems from that.

Yeah he's slow but he had no preseason and speed isnt a pre requisite for his position.

Imo he's a good DM playing in a tactical set up and squad last year that massively exaggerated his only real weakness.

Couple that with BMs rabid need to find a player to laugh at and he's been unlucky. When I watch him play I see him intelligently mark space, make interceptions, win every bloody header and organise those around him.

Well argued but he is one of those players that when the opposition run at him I look to see who, if anyone, is backing him up as I assume that they will go past him.

If we are to press high we need two speedsters at centre half. I think he would do fine in Italy.

My nerves could not take watching him at centre back. I'd love to see him succeed here but I still dont share your optimism. Players at the highest level should be able to adapt to different systems not grab at someone going past them for fun.

Ultimately he is a midfielder but we have much better players there and Id like to see him go in part exchange to a club that suits his style more.

To be honest that doesn't seem unlikely. Either it's going to click and he'll suddenly be a machine Lucas Lieva / Essien style (new DMs seem to suffer that more than any other position) or we'll give up on him.

If he finds a yard (not impossible with a full pre season), uses his strength and gets a bit more confident in his passing (he can actually play good long passes) I think he'll be a great asset. Not to mention some important headers. With Pellegrini's arm round his shoulder that's perhaps more likely than ever.

I see him in a Barry / Busquets role though more than CB.

NQCitizen said:
Cobwebcat said:
NQCitizen said:

To be honest that doesn't seem unlikely. Either it's going to click and he'll suddenly be a machine Lucas Lieva / Essien style (new DMs seem to suffer that more than any other position) or we'll give up on him.

If he finds a yard (not impossible with a full pre season), uses his strength and gets a bit more confident in his passing (he can actually play good long passes) I think he'll be a great asset. Not to mention some important headers. With Pellegrini's arm round his shoulder that's perhaps more likely than ever.

Yes if he is to be a success so do I. I wonder if Pelle has given up on him there though and is trying to squeze him into the only available place we have left.

Cobwebcat said:
NQCitizen said:
bondsman said:
Haha so make him a passenger? Tactical nous do me a favour? He regularly gets rinsed and resorts to dragging his man down. Yeah he's a regular pirlo

Doesn't he get dribbled past once a game on average? Not a lot. He is tactically aware he fills in well when the full backs are upfield and directs the players around him. He captained a team that did well in Eurooe. His job was to screen the defence and he did it most of the time, he was too frequently left exposed by a lazy Yaya or a lumbering Barry (both great players, don't get me wrong).

Don't get the comparison with Pirlo at all, he's a playmaker, there's a reason he's never separated from a De Rossi, Gattuso, Vidal type player.

If you think someone who covers the attacking full backs (previously our key tactic) wins headers and plays the ball simply is a passenger then yeah - make him a passenger.

He also sold Negredo.

Cobwebcat said:
NQCitizen said:
Cobwebcat said:

Yes if he is to be a success so do I. I wonder if Pelle has given up on him there though and is trying to squeze him into the only available place we have left.

Or maybe he's just trying to get him maximum playing time without compromising Ferna / Yaya etc. Who knows? It looks quite like he isn't being forced out the door at very least.

I am gutted that we can;t even offload to the likes of Monaco who are in grave need for better players and have cash to spend. Garcia is perfect for what they need and is a quarter of the cost they will pay for Hulk who isn't even all that great.

This talk of CB is wrong imo. Micah gets that gig. He played there before and can play RB and is proven. Garcis isn't, he's a flop at CDM who we drop back fro cover but at £80k a week he doesn't justify himself.

We ahve to get rid. We are WAAAAAAY above his level.

NQCitizen said:
Cobwebcat said:
NQCitizen said:

Add a 5 million and that might be enough to get you Gustavo. Huddlestone wouldn't cost that much. Michael Bradley wouldn't cost that much. We might be able to get Blaise Matuidi for that. Geoffrey Kondogbia would be available for that much.

Kun Aguero said:
NQCitizen said:
Cobwebcat said:

Add a 5 million and that might be enough to get you Gustavo. Huddlestone wouldn't cost that much. Michael Bradley wouldn't cost that much. We might be able to get Blaise Matuidi for that. Geoffrey Kondogbia would be available for that much.

A lot of times I do really like this forum, apart from the first two players named I haven't a clue who the others are, just nice reading and learning, is this a sign that people are playing Prem manager more than me?? surely you cannot be watching these people play for whomever they turn out for each week,can you??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.