Gareth Bale

Mrmcfc said:
I know fuck all, but over the past couple of weeks I've been thinking more and more that this could be on the cards. Would be an amazing transfer if it could be done.

it's just soooooo quiet that our minds are starting to race

andrewmswift said:
Mrmcfc said:
I know fuck all, but over the past couple of weeks I've been thinking more and more that this could be on the cards. Would be an amazing transfer if it could be done.

Hahaha
That could be it. Feels like behind the scene there's something epic brewing.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Never Mind The Pollocks said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Try £70m.

This is what United were quoted when Gill made an approach to Levy last month.

It's £60m to any club outside of the Premier League.

He's worth every penny of it. He's a superstar in the making, a tremendous athlete and professional.

The team that buys him instantly gets the type of booster which drives belief at an entire club of great things to come.

He's the right age, he's British, has huge future sell-on value.

I can't imagine how good Bale can become surrounded by truly world class players, rather than the collection of decent ones he currently has around him.

The only downside is such a fee would allow a rival to put themselves properly in the title mix, but we shouldn't be scared of a little competition, nor another team who can also stick it to United.

Agree with you 100%. Do you reckon it could ever happen TH?

Sadly, we would have to be very creative how a Bale transfer could be sold to the world of football.

If it included a couple of players circa £40m, then yeah, we could fly a kite and see how far it soared.

But we all know the hypocrisy would be nowhere to be found should a United, Bayern or Madrid attempt to do a deal at the same numbers.

We are already seeing it now with the narrative about Moyes. He's gone from a steady eddie to the second coming in the space of a month.

No mention of his lack of European experience, results against the top-four in general, never winning a pot.

Levy would absolutely love to do business with us, you can be certain of that.

I am also aware, if nothing else, some encouragement, that Bale does not see City as a club he would never entertain.

His family were aware of interest from us last summer and he was quite receptive to the idea, however, he managed to leverage a better deal out of Spurs.

He can also name his price this summer in terms of wages, and Spurs are allegedly prepared to go as high as £170k a week.

Personally, that seems a little rich for their blood, especially when you consider the trouble they had trying to get anywhere near Adebayor wages.

Have we expressed an interest this summer though TH?

andrewmswift said:
Mrmcfc said:

haha ... that's kinda true but i think we should get used to the silence. let Manu assess his squad over the coming days/weeks. He knows he's got to win big trophies so he'll be the first one knocking on Txiki's door if he feels he needs something.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
richards30 said:
Daz_Blue said:
Football Watch™ ‏@FootballWatch_1 21m
Hearing whispers that Manchester City are preparing a bid for Tottenham player Gareth Bale.

not reliable but its a link.

realistically how much would they want though? £50m? £60m?

Try £70m.

He's worth every penny of it. He's a superstar in the making, a tremendous athlete and professional.

The team that buys him instantly gets the type of booster which drives belief at an entire club of great things to come.

I can only imagine how good Bale can become surrounded by truly world class players, rather than the collection of decent ones he currently has around him.

The only downside is such a fee would allow a rival to put themselves properly in the title mix, but we shouldn't be scared of a little competition, nor another team who can also stick it to United.

please make this happen

I specifically remember a certain Txiki and Soriano pulling Ronaldinho out the bag at Barca! Maybe this is their moment!

fuck it let's make this a new saga regardless of whether we're in for him or not, it's gotten way too slow on here

B3nStr0ng said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Never Mind The Pollocks said:
Agree with you 100%. Do you reckon it could ever happen TH?

Sadly, we would have to be very creative how a Bale transfer could be sold to the world of football.

If it included a couple of players circa £40m, then yeah, we could fly a kite and see how far it soared.

But we all know the hypocrisy would be nowhere to be found should a United, Bayern or Madrid attempt to do a deal at the same numbers.

We are already seeing it now with the narrative about Moyes. He's gone from a steady eddie to the second coming in the space of a month.

No mention of his lack of European experience, results against the top-four in general, never winning a pot.

I am also aware, if nothing else, some encouragement, that Bale does not see City as a club he would never entertain.

His family were aware of interest from us last summer and he was quite receptive to the idea, however, he managed to leverage a better deal out of Spurs.

He can also name his price this summer in terms of wages, and Spurs are allegedly prepared to go as high as £170k a week.

Personally, that seems a little rich for their blood, especially when you consider the trouble they had trying to get anywhere near Adebayor wages.

Spuds are literally paranoid about us and Bale.

But this goes back a few months. Don't believe any wheels have turned in Bale's direction since.

Bale has his pick and will decide when he wants to leave.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
B3nStr0ng said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

Spuds are literally paranoid about us and Bale.

But this goes back a few months. Don't believe any wheels have turned in Bale's direction since.

Bale has his pick and will decide when he wants to leave.

fuel to the burgeoning fire

tolmie's hairdoo said:
richards30 said:
Daz_Blue said:
Football Watch™ ‏@FootballWatch_1 21m
Hearing whispers that Manchester City are preparing a bid for Tottenham player Gareth Bale.

not reliable but its a link.

realistically how much would they want though? £50m? £60m?

Try £70m.

I can only imagine how good Bale can become surrounded by truly world class players, rather than the collection of decent ones he currently has around him.

Gareth, I told you to stop visiting other teams' forums!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.