Gareth Bale

richards30 said:
Daz_Blue said:
Football Watch™ ‏@FootballWatch_1 21m
Hearing whispers that Manchester City are preparing a bid for Tottenham player Gareth Bale.

not reliable but its a link.

realistically how much would they want though? £50m? £60m?

Try £70m.

This is what United were quoted when Gill made an approach to Levy last month.

It's £60m to any club outside of the Premier League.

He's worth every penny of it. He's a superstar in the making, a tremendous athlete and professional.

The team that buys him instantly gets the type of booster which drives belief at an entire club of great things to come.

He's the right age, he's British, has huge future sell-on value.

I can only imagine how good Bale can become surrounded by truly world class players, rather than the collection of decent ones he currently has around him.

The only downside is such a fee would allow a rival to put themselves properly in the title mix, but we shouldn't be scared of a little competition, nor another team who can also stick it to United.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
richards30 said:
Daz_Blue said:
Hearing whispers that Manchester City are preparing a bid for Tottenham player Gareth Bale.

Try £70m.

He's worth every penny of it. He's a superstar in the making, a tremendous athlete and professional.

The team that buys him instantly gets the type of booster which drives belief at an entire club of great things to come.

I can't imagine how good Bale can become surrounded by truly world class players, rather than the collection of decent ones he currently has around him.

The only downside is such a fee would allow a rival to put themselves properly in the title mix, but we shouldn't be scared of a little competition, nor another team who can also stick it to United.

Agree with you 100%. Do you reckon it could ever happen TH?

alky313 said:
He'd be worth £55m.

------------Aguero-----------
Bale--------Silva---------Navas

With Nasri/Milner to rotate. Champions Leeague champions quality.

Words cant describe how much id love that.

Also

Daz_Blue said:

Who cares if its an unreliable twitter link. Its still very nice to read.
Its just as reliable as any 'ITK' on this forum.

I scan the topics looking for twitter links. More the merrier!!

tolmie's hairdoo said:
richards30 said:
Daz_Blue said:

Try £70m.

I can only imagine how good Bale can become surrounded by truly world class players, rather than the collection of decent ones he currently has around him.

Do it City.

Navas----Silva----Bale
---------Aguero---------

Frightening...

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Try £70m.

I'll stick my neck on the block. This is an impossible transaction this summer.

Unfortunately, @FootballWatch_1 is one of so many shit football accounts pretending to have contacts in the industry. They will disappear as soon as the transfer window closes, only for new ones to appear in January then next summer.

Bale would be an amazing signing though. Not only because he's Bale but because we have so few goals from midfield and he'd enable a one-striker system more easily.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
richards30 said:
Daz_Blue said:

Try £70m.

there's literally nothing in your post to suggest we're even interested in him (so people inevitably slating TH later, remember this) but it excites me all the same.

Never Mind The Pollocks said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
richards30 said:

Try £70m.

I can't imagine how good Bale can become surrounded by truly world class players, rather than the collection of decent ones he currently has around him.

Agree with you 100%. Do you reckon it could ever happen TH?

Sadly, we would have to be very creative how a Bale transfer could be sold to the world of football.

If it included a couple of players circa £40m, then yeah, we could fly a kite and see how far it soared.

But we all know the hypocrisy would be nowhere to be found should a United, Bayern or Madrid attempt to do a deal at the same numbers.

We are already seeing it now with the narrative about Moyes. He's gone from a steady eddie to the second coming in the space of a month.

No mention of his lack of European experience, results against the top-four in general, never winning a pot.

Levy would absolutely love to do business with us, you can be certain of that.

I am also aware, if nothing else, some encouragement, that Bale does not see City as a club he would never entertain.

His family were aware of interest from us last summer and he was quite receptive to the idea, however, he managed to leverage a better deal out of Spurs.

He can also name his price this summer in terms of wages, and Spurs are allegedly prepared to go as high as £170k a week.

Personally, that seems a little rich for their blood, especially when you consider the trouble they had trying to get anywhere near Adebayor wages.

I know fuck all, but over the past couple of weeks I've been thinking more and more that this could be on the cards. Would be an amazing transfer if it could be done.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.