Gareth Bale

tolmie's hairdoo said:
B3nStr0ng said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Sadly, we would have to be very creative how a Bale transfer could be sold to the world of football.

If it included a couple of players circa £40m, then yeah, we could fly a kite and see how far it soared.

But we all know the hypocrisy would be nowhere to be found should a United, Bayern or Madrid attempt to do a deal at the same numbers.

We are already seeing it now with the narrative about Moyes. He's gone from a steady eddie to the second coming in the space of a month.

No mention of his lack of European experience, results against the top-four in general, never winning a pot.

Levy would absolutely love to do business with us, you can be certain of that.

I am also aware, if nothing else, some encouragement, that Bale does not see City as a club he would never entertain.

His family were aware of interest from us last summer and he was quite receptive to the idea, however, he managed to leverage a better deal out of Spurs.

He can also name his price this summer in terms of wages, and Spurs are allegedly prepared to go as high as £170k a week.

Personally, that seems a little rich for their blood, especially when you consider the trouble they had trying to get anywhere near Adebayor wages.

Have we expressed an interest this summer though TH?

Spuds are literally paranoid about us and Bale.

But this goes back a few months. Don't believe any wheels have turned in Bale's direction since.

Bale has his pick and will decide when he wants to leave.

Bales pick being Real Madrid I assume?

I just can't see it. As much as he would be a fantastic signing for us, I think this summer and with Pellegrini's style we will likely consolidate and try to be as shrewd as possible in the market. It will be extremely hard to justify a massive expenditure like this. As Tolmie stated the rags would get away with it because they are seen in the media's eyes as the founders of football. Chelsea have even been seen in a greater light since our takeover.

Obvious results on the field are key and Bale would be a great addition and no doubt justify his fee, however, if we can remove some of the top earners and now sign value for money quality improvements we will be in a strong position to then go out in the future and bid for the top players.

ljones15 said:
I specifically remember a certain Txiki and Soriano pulling Ronaldinho out the bag at Barca! Maybe this is their moment!

I've been thinking about that recently and wondering if we were going to make a move that will bring about big marketing pluses. In terms of potential attainablility , i don't think there is a bigger signing we could make for the marketing advantages than bale . Maybe they see Serg as the clubs poster boy already though ?

The cookie monster said:
Would probably cost just as much as ronaldo now
Worth every penny though.We would have some team with him starting week in week out.

so much for being held to scoreless draws away :)<br /><br />-- Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:24 am --<br /><br />would spurs have any interest in dzeko? I seem to recall AVB thinking highly of him

andrewmswift said:
The cookie monster said:
Would probably cost just as much as ronaldo now
Worth every penny though.We would have some team with him starting week in week out.

so much for being held to scoreless draws away :)

-- Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:24 am --

would spurs have any interest in dzeko? I seem to recall AVB thinking highly of him

The only possible makeweights could be dzeko and his Serbian mate surely ? Maybe JL ? They've got alot of quality in the middle of the park and I can't see us offering them Serg haha

Honestly, I don't think it's possible to convince Bale to move to us this summer and I don't think even 70/80 million plus Dzeko could convince Levy to sell. AVB didn't go to PSG on the basis that Bale wouldn't be sold. They're strengthening their team in the right way and seem to have money to spend. It's just not doable sadly.

If I were Txiki though I would try 70 million plus Dzeko just to see the reaction of all the parties involved ... :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.