Gareth Bale

samharris said:
not my fault! said:
FrancoisToure said:
You are completely underestimating American interest in English football.

I was talking to a Yank over there yesterday & he had seen the add by NBC. He was amazed they had gone with Spuds & Bale, he said although the PL is big over there that not many will be aware who Bale is & know very very little about Spuds as a club.

theyre not called spuds by yanks...fries. ;)

He must of been a WUM then.... ;0)

not my fault! said:
FrancoisToure said:
CTID101 said:
If you asked anyone walking past though who is it how many would actually know?

Probably wouldn't know what team it was either!

I was talking to a Yank over there yesterday & he had seen the add by NBC. He was amazed they had gone with Spuds & Bale, he said although the PL is big over there that not many will be aware who Bale is & know very very little about Spuds as a club.

They didn't go with the Spurs IMO....they went with Bale (who just happens to play for Spurs at the moment). I can't think of a better player to put up there if I was them. Yes Rooney probably is the most recognized player in the Premier league in the States but he is widely despised by most non United fans. Bale on the other hand is respected pretty much by most fans regardless of club (even probably Arsenal fans in the States).

Bale's profile is rising very rapidly over here. Last season he started skyrocketing.

FrancoisToure said:
not my fault! said:
FrancoisToure said:

They didn't go with the Spurs IMO....they went with Bale (who just happens to play for Spurs at the moment). I can't think of a better player to put up there if I was them. Yes Rooney probably is the most recognized player in the Premier league in the States but he is widely despised by most non United fans. Bale on the other hand is respected pretty much by most fans regardless of club (even probably Arsenal fans in the States).

Bale's profile is rising very rapidly over here. Last season he started skyrocketing.
Is he fuck, I highly doubt that. Or at the very least, question their support.

Is it the constant diving they respect?

pudge said:
FrancoisToure said:
not my fault! said:

Do you live in the States?

FrancoisToure said:
pudge said:
FrancoisToure said:

Gareth Bale is highly touted by Americans... How do I know? I'm married to one. They love him. He's not viewed in the same light as Beckham or Ronaldo (he's an ugly fucker) but they love him.

Americans love wingers. Especially goal scoring wingers.

FrancoisToure said:
pudge said:
FrancoisToure said:

I live in Manhattan and you're talking crap!

No one knows who the fuck is Bale, Rooney or Aguero would have been better choice.

Bale looks and acts like everything the "normal" american stereotypes about "soccer"

75% of the americans that walked past that billboard probably thought "whys that faggot up there"

another 20% probably thought it was a planet of the apes/zoolander 2 billboard of course.

Pretty sure I read the last derby was the highest viewed prem game in the states and it was just over a million viewers. so his skyrocketing profile is relative. It did seem last time I was there spurs were pretty trendy with faux euro fans ,seems everyone under a certain age either supported them or they were their "2nd team".

Dzekolol said:
FrancoisToure said:
pudge said:

No one knows who the fuck is Bale, Rooney or Aguero would have been better choice.

You have your opinion; NBC and I have our opinion. We don't have to agree.

rick773 said:
Bale looks and acts like everything the "normal" american stereotypes about "soccer"

75% of the americans that walked past that billboard probably thought "whys that faggot up there"

another 20% probably thought it was a planet of the apes/zoolander 2 billboard of course.

Pretty sure I read the last derby was the highest viewed prem game in the states and it was just over a million viewers. so his skyrocketing profile is relative. It did seem last time I was there spurs were pretty trendy with faux euro fans ,seems everyone under a certain age either supported them or they were their "2nd team".

good lord, you talk about americans stereotyping "soccer" and then stereotype the hell out of americans.

you're a fool if you think americans aren't into football/soccer.<br /><br />-- Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:20 pm --<br /><br />
FrancoisToure said:
Dzekolol said:
FrancoisToure said:

You have your opinion; NBC and I have our opinion. We don't have to agree.

i think it's stunning that someone who lives in manhattan thinks americans don't know who gareth bale is. sure, some don't. but it's a country of 300+ million people. a fucking hell of a lot do.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.