GARETH BARRY

1.618034 said:
bornblueegg said:
Scared the shit out of me in an England shirt however...

Nah mate. I watched him closely the other night and he was superb, as usual. He gets one bad pass from Ferdinand and suddenly looks stupid. Not for me. Capello picks him over Carrick et al for a very good reason. He's the best Englishman in that DM position by a mile.
THAT!

Gareth Barry is a footballer and a half. Simple stuff played simply,

I've seen GB a lot over the last few seasons at Villa (while working there). He's been there stand out player for years, many as captain. He's consistently good game in game out and very rarely has a poor game, as he gets more settled with his new team mates you'll see even more from him. He'll chip in with goals as well. Villa are going to miss him more than they realise. He's a snip at 12m.

WillS said:
my favourite signing of the summer by far

Yeah, I was really pleased when we got him. Could be the perfect foil for Ireland in midfield and the way he covers defensively on the Left has meant Wayne Bridge is now able to play to his full potential, Bridge has looked far better in pre season and today. The Bridge/Barry partnership could be crucial for our season.

tamworthblue said:
Rammyblues said:
I thought Given MOM he made crucial saves at a time we were under the cosh.

Seconded. Nobody gives MOM to a goalkeeper though for some reason.

Thirded..
Some crucial saves like the Samba header that could have easily just flown passed some of the EPL goalkeepers, he stood strong and although he dropped quite alot of the shots that were coming his way, his recovery was superb.

Have to say though that every city player deserved their own post match thread as they were equaliy as outstanding as their teammates.

CTID!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.