Gareth Barry

sam-caddick said:
Barry has no doubt given us some great sevice over the past few years and at times he has been an unsung hero, but I definitely believe we should be looking at a younger and better replacement now with him only having a year left on his deal.

In all honesty as well I believe after watching him during pre season you can see he is in the latter days of his career at the highest level if you ask me, if we can get 5m for him we should be looking to do a deal.

Yeh, he's looked pretty leggy pre-season certainly, and coupled with the way he struggled last season against any team operating a high press, and I think it's probably time to bid Gaz Baz a fond farewell. We won't half miss him though. He's the master mopper upper and a great physical presence, and when not placed under pressure from a high press, he still ran the show for City several times last season in a manner Garcia can only dream about. If you wanted to sum the season up though, then a quick gander at the Chelsea cup semi and the Spurs away game were revealing. For an hour of both, Gaz was majestic, but then the opposition shoved an extra man up into midfield and he was completely over run. A great servant to the club, and I hope we get the opportunity to give him the send off he deserves.

MCC said:
Unless we bring in a replacement for Barry I would not sell him. Rodwell is too often injured and Garcia is not upto it.

I thought that's why we bought Fernandinho? Innit? Plus in the midfield as a whole we have also brought in Navas, and possibly Jovetic. Milner and Silva can both play middle. But Ferdy is the direct replacement.

So it's only a question of days for GazBazz, thank you and goodnight in the ruthless world of football. I think we should make a move easy for him - a big part of our success.

Thanks Gazz.

The time is probably right for him to move on after 4 seasons. Top pro and big part of our rise to prominence.
The most under rated player in the premier league IMO
To gain an idea of his ability just watch how many clubs chase his services. All those England managers can't be wrong!

If he does leave i am sure he will be fondly remembered by all City fans and can be assured of a very warm welcome on any return to the Etihad,
its a thanks from me to Gareth Barry.

I'm scratching my head a bit here. If we lose Barry we'll be left with only one real holding midfielder, Garcia who still hasn't convinced me. If we're lining up a replacement for Barry then good but if not I'll rather have Barry than Garcia.

Also why leave them behind, what's the point if we haven't received any bids, won't that just antagonize the player if he stays afterwards?

one thing we should do is respect the lad, city I mean, he is going to turn into a brilliant manager one day. I don't even know if he's thinking that way but he should do. very intelligent player.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.