Gareth Barry

has given us good service but we are unlikely to renew his contract.

If he is happy to stay this season knowing only injury and suspensions to preferred players will mean game time for him I see little reason to move him on notwithstanding he has one year left on his contract.

Whether MP sees a role for him or not I am not sure but again he can and will perform a positive role if required and if he is happy to do that fine and dandy.

Not too sure what to make of him staying back in England for one game in Helsinki as I am not convinced we needed 21 players to travel in anycase.

This is 100% a financial decision rather than a football one. As De Niro has stated Gareth was happy to stay for another year. The club are not prepared to offer an extension so it means he gets sold. Yes these are privileged individuals but when it comes to things like this they are just pieces of meat with a value.
If the buying club offers only a bit more than nothing then he might stay.
There will be no replacement bought for GB. The only purchase we are working on is a CB & its not Pepe. No name quoted to me just that the £'s being asked for are too high at present.

We have 5 senior central midfielders, plus Milner who's good there as well.

Honestly, i think Barry is more reliable than Garcia, and i'd pick him first any day. But on the other hand, if you mix the financial side of things with the footballing side, you see why we'd let Barry go rather than Garcia. If either were to leave i don't think we'll suffer for it on the pitch, barring a major injury crisis.

MCFC BOB said:
thenabster said:
If we lose Barry we'll be left with only one real holding midfielder
Remind me how many Barcelona have? Remind me how many Madrid have? Remind me how many Bayern have? They've all got either one or two in their first team and no more.

Nope. Barca has 3 quality holding midfielders, Bayern has 3, Real Madrid has 4

thenabster said:
MCFC BOB said:
thenabster said:
If we lose Barry we'll be left with only one real holding midfielder
Remind me how many Barcelona have? Remind me how many Madrid have? Remind me how many Bayern have? They've all got either one or two in their first team and no more.

LOL, name them please....

He ain't gone yet but if a bid that meets our value for the player comes in then we shall sell.

If the figures related to Tevez are on the mark then I think it won't have to be too much even though in Tevez's case he wanted to leave.

I would have thought we could have asked and got much more for Tevez given the figures being thrown about for some of the transfer targets over this summer but such is life.

Every player has his price.

zlaz3r said:
thenabster said:
MCFC BOB said:

LOL, name them please....

Barca: Song, Mascherano, Busquets

Bayern: Gustavo, Martinez, Schweni

Real Madrid: Khedira, Casmeiro, Illarramendi, Xabi Alonso

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.