Gareth Barry

He brings a huge amount of balance to the side being left footed. He can play first time passes as opposed to a right footed player who would need a touch first.

It's these small details that enable you to be better than your opponent.

IrelandSuperman said:
thenabster said:
Barca: Song, Mascherano, Busquets

Bayern: Gustavo, Martinez, Schweni

Real Madrid: Khedira, Casmeiro, Illarramendi, Xabi Alonso
True otherwise but Casmeiro who?

Real bought him from Sao Paulo and watch out for him, he's been great during pre-season.

thenabster said:
IrelandSuperman said:
thenabster said:

Real bought him from Sao Paulo and watch out for him, he's been great during pre-season.

going to sound a pillock but fifa the game rate him highly.

i bought him an he ends up on 90+.

ban-mcfc said:
thenabster said:
IrelandSuperman said:

going to sound a pillock but fifa the game rate him highly.

i bought him an he ends up on 90+.
Jo wasn't bad for me on fifa either.. ;)

thenabster said:
I'm scratching my head a bit here. If we lose Barry we'll be left with only one real holding midfielder, Garcia who still hasn't convinced me. If we're lining up a replacement for Barry then good but if not I'll rather have Barry than Garcia.

Also why leave them behind, what's the point if we haven't received any bids, won't that just antagonize the player if he stays afterwards?
Barry himself is not actually a specialized holding midfielder. I think Garcia is the only real holding midfielder we have at the club. Many can play the position:
Yaya, Fernandihno, Rodwell, Milner, Nasri, Komps, and Zabaleta but Garcia is the only specialized DM one we have.

But to be fair, these notions don't matter as much. It depends on your style of play. ANd for a team like City, it will turn out to be the case in (95% of our games) That we wouldn't truly need one

Outsitde of Barcelona, Real, Bayern, Dortmund, and Arsenal I don't see us losing the possession battle to anyone else on a good day. So A Nigel like DM is not required in my opinion. A Gundogan/Iliramendi type (I.e. the deep passer) next to a Vidal/Strootman type (the energizer bunny) is what you need more.

I think we have a bit of that in Yaya and Fernandihno. And for the life of me I don' know why I read so much that Yaya and Fernandihno might not be a good combo.<br /><br />-- Sat Aug 10, 2013 6:58 am --<br /><br />Loved Barry here, and wish him goodluck if he leaves, but will be happy if he stays. SInclair, I feel bad for and hope he gets to g to a team that lets him shine.

Maybe we are cutting down on holding midfielders, due to wanting to attack more. ie Have us playing football and controlling the game, rather
than concentrating on stopping the opposition.

thenabster said:
zlaz3r said:
thenabster said:
Nope. Barca has 3 quality holding midfielders, Bayern has 3, Real Madrid has 4

LOL, name them please....

Song and Busquets I'll give you.

Martinez I'll give you.

Khedira I'll give you.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.