Gareth Barry

Anyone else think Huws might get a few games? Probably in cup games, but still he has impressed me when i've seen him play.

chanceathefarpost said:
It would be foolish to let GazBaz go given his own attributes and experience as well as the injury record of Rodwell, the inconsistency of Garcia and the premiership inexperience of Fernandinho. You know what you get with Barry; a reliable, hardworking player with neat and tidy feet and an ability to read the game better than most of his teammates. Keep him for another year or we might live to regret it.
Now then, anyone remember that Other midfielder we got rid of a year too soon.... Nigel something...... Don't make the same mistake twice city....

If we replaced De Jong with someone better then he wouldn't have been missed as much but we bought Garcia. I'd keep Garcia as our defensive minded midfield(for example if were up 1-0 away to Stoke bring him on for the last 10 minutes to head the ball away.)

Barry has no doubt given us some great sevice over the past few years and at times he has been an unsung hero, but I definitely believe we should be looking at a younger and better replacement now with him only having a year left on his deal.

In all honesty as well I believe after watching him during pre season you can see he is in the latter days of his career at the highest level if you ask me, if we can get 5m for him we should be looking to do a deal.

Shame as he is one of my favourite players at the club, good player and there's a reason why he is so appreciated by much of city's and villas support.

Given the fact Barry is now 32 it would be unfair for a player like him to sit on the bench and not get regular football so perhaps a move away is the best thing for him.

the lad himself will want to play more games than he will here next season. make no mistake though he will be a loss, not as much as it would have been 18 months or so ago but a loss either way. I still say we don't have anyone else at the club that does that job. shame he's 32 and not 27, what an asset he would still be. along with vinny and zab one of our best ever signings. good luck Gaz and thanks.

Been a good signing but the writings on the wall for him and Sinclair.

Pelli stated a squad of 21 so neither will be replaced.

Barry will do a good job for someone like WHU, Fulham, Everton etc but he wouldn't feature for us.

Wish him all the best.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.