Gareth Taylor

I take it you didn't watch the game v chelsea then ?

There's no way that we'll get relegated, far too many very good players, the squad needed refreshing, and it looks to have been done very well to my eyes.

I did watch the whole game funny enough, we were toothless and lack of ideas in opening them up plus the defence panicking and silly stuff even from Houghton with a crazy back pass we got away with, city ladies looked like the England men team, looking for corner and free kicks to score from and little idea from open play, it was target football with hitting bunny and play from there with the 2nd ball.

We are a shadow of the team we were and lack any sort of style and don't look comfy on the ball and players don't want the ball and go hiding

I did watch the whole game funny enough, we were toothless and lack of ideas in opening them up plus the defence panicking and silly stuff even from Houghton with a crazy back pass we got away with, city ladies looked like the England men team, looking for corner and free kicks to score from and little idea from open play, it was target football with hitting bunny and play from there with the 2nd ball.

We are a shadow of the team we were and lack any sort of style and don't look comfy on the ball and players don't want the ball and go hiding
Yeah, I watched the snippet on the OS of City-2-0 CFC when we won the title and whilst other teams have strengthened and have coaches who are not just name-pickers but who are tacticians and can improve players, we seem to have regressed dreadfully since that season, despite having quality players.

If it's a choice of Taylor, Hemp or Kelly leaving then I am afraid I go for the former.

Sorry mate, would have left it if I'd known I was getting anyone's hopes up like that!

Bronze has had loads of criticism on here, but along with Walsh and Hemp she was comfortably one of the biggest parts of how we played in possession. She's clearly miles past her best but you look at any of the stats or read analysis from people outside the City bubble and there's a reason people think it's a big loss, it's not just because she's a big name, there's a massive hole on the right compared to the last couple of years!

I don't disagree about the signings looking pretty good, so far anyway, but surely you judge any refresh by how both parts of it are handled? i.e. if we've botched the outgoings (and that doesn't exactly look great) the incomings need to be even better to make up for it

You mean you're not excited to see us choosing between a 34 year-old Steph Houghton and Alanna Kennedy?!
It’s alright. We’re allowed to dream right…for the sake of the women’s team, I do hope it becomes a reality…Taylor leaving that is.

People are talking like he was a new appointment this season. He’s been in the job for a couple of years, it’s not a Chelsea move to get rid of an underperforming coach who has been given a shot.

He’d be one of the shortest serving at the club, it’s not setting some kind of precedent where we change up every six to twelve months for no reason.

Costa or Powell for me

Curveball.

How about Domènec Torrent (maybe a sweetner for Pep to sign a new deal?)
To work alongside Steph Houghton & or Jill Scott.

Let's face it Taylor has been absolute bobbins since he got the job.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.