Garry Cook - Clueless

I'm afraid if we want to see the likes of Torres/Fabregas/Sneijder playing for City, we're going to have to pay for it. Cook is running a commercial organisation, and needs to ensure that we are a viable business (ie making more money than we spend). I presume he's done the sums and decided that an increase in ticket prices is necessary. It's naive in the extreme to expect our owner to keep throwing good money after bad and I, for one, would rather pay a bit more to see some top quality players wearing that City shirt and competing against Europe's finest, than to pay the current price to see us continue to win bugger all for another thirty years. It's normal for people who are providing an improved product to charge more for it.

BillyShears said:
Ha ha ha ha.

Another classic Bluemoon moment.

Couple of things for the JMA.

You openly state the price hikes don't effect you - in which case the entire gist of your post is some sort of "Working Class Hero" moment...how embarrassing.

Secondly, I see again Cook carries the can, and our owners are left well alone. Nothing to do with them I hear you say? Prove it. Seriously, prove that Khaldoon had nothing to do with it.

You can't - which makes this whole thread one big massive piece of tabloid journalism...

How fitting...;- )

last time i checked; this place was a public forum mate....does it really matter if someone is directly involved or not, as long as everyone as the same and equal right to post their opinions??

Oh and match day revenue is just a drop in the ocean...doesn't mean anything?

Rags and Arse bring in over 70 million pounds per season in match day revenue.

I'd say that's a pretty big drop, even in Sheikh Mansoor's ocean...

But lets keep blaming Cooky. Everyone's favourite whipping boy...

BillyShears said:
Ha ha ha ha.

You openly state the price hikes don't effect you - in which case the entire gist of your post is some sort of "Working Class Hero" moment...how embarrassing.

Secondly, I see again Cook carries the can, and our owners are left well alone. Nothing to do with them I hear you say? Prove it. Seriously, prove that Khaldoon had nothing to do with it.

You can't - which makes this whole thread one big massive piece of tabloid journalism...

How fitting...;- )

shadygiz said:
BillyShears said:
Ha ha ha ha.

How fitting...;- )

last time i checked; this place was a public forum mate....does it really matter if someone is directly involved or not, as long as everyone as the same and equal right to post their opinions??

I'm actually shocked by the vitriolic and personal nature of JMA's post.

If he can dish it out, I'm sure he's big enough to take it...

BillyShears said:
Oh and match day revenue is just a drop in the ocean...doesn't mean anything?

Rags and Arse bring in over 70 million pounds per season in match day revenue.

I'd say that's a pretty big drop, even in Sheikh Mansoor's ocean...

But lets keep blaming Cooky. Everyone's favourite whipping boy...

the difference being though; the rags n arse have been consistent top 4/champs league team for years...we haven't won fuck all yet nor even qualified for chumps league and we get hit by "matchday experiences"

Simple question here.

With the UEFA ruling about businesses coming up, would you all be happy to sign Messi, Alves, Aguero, Torres, etc if it meant a direct rise in ticket prices?

Basically, if the club said to the fans, "we can have Torres, but you'll have to pay an extra £2 a game", what would the reaction be?

BillyShears said:
shadygiz said:

I'm actually shocked by the vitriolic and personal nature of JMA's post.

If he can dish it out, I'm sure he's big enough to take it...

i'm sure he is mate and i wasn't having a dig at you per se.....i was just trying to say that because someone is not directly involved it shouldnt detract from their point of view or lessen that point of view

I was one of the ones who bothered to complete the on line survey which has proved to be the biggest sham and smokescreen of all time.

There is no way that this decision has been based on our feedback. I am sorry but to make a decision of such magnitude so soon after the survey suggests that the decision was made months ago.

This is a business decision that has been based on stats and the fact that we cannot sell out the third tier. I am disgusted with this and if this is the shape of things to come then we will soon be treated like our neighbours "old" fans were treated to make way for the day trippers and band waggon jumpers.

Damocles said:
Simple question here.

With the UEFA ruling about businesses coming up, would you all be happy to sign Messi, Alves, Aguero, Torres, etc if it meant a direct rise in ticket prices?

Basically, if the club said to the fans, "we can have Torres, but you'll have to pay an extra £2 a game", what would the reaction be?

lol...we could have a shopping list of players with equated match price rises at the side of each player....then we can ring a premium line number to vote for the player we want and the associated ticket price rise ;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.