Garry Cook - Clueless

A bit of a sensationalist post, sorry but it is. Why should they allow fans in for a heavy discount, Mansour et al is are bussiness men and not some sort of footballing philanthropists.

RBmk2 said:
Didsbury Dave said:
That is quite an amazing quote.

Unbelievable.

Nothing else you say on this matter has any credibility with me any more.

Oh gosh-I've lost my "credibility" on an internet football forum with "Didsbury Dave."
Seriously-how can I carry on after this?LOL!

I don't have to explain anything to you-but here goes anyway.

I first sat in CB L1,virtually at pitch level when we moved to CoMs.
First season and derbies apart,the atmosphere was for the most part,bobbins.
Like sitting on the moon.
I tried to move seats at the end of the first season but got told "there's nowhere to move to."
During the Pearce era,me and a couple of mates got the chance to relocate to 111 for a cheap deal as the initial enthusiasm had obviosuly worn off with a few newbies-and it was the total opposite.
A good giggle-you got to stand,sing and do your thing.

If City told me I had to permanently change seats from there,I had no choice in the matter and I had to go back to CB or somewhere similar and pay £100 more,I think I'd knock it on the head.

MY CHOICE.

After having three seasons surrounded by fans who seem to enjoy themselves-I couldn't go back to sitting on my hands.
Apologies to those that do or have no choice but to,but I can't watch football like that.

And talikng of "credibility"-tell me, David.....

Oak or Nelson?

You said that if you had to move seats you'd "sack it off".

your love for Manchester City knows no bounds.

A lot of people on this thread seem to be moaning alot about having to move away from their mates they sit with now. I have a question do you go to the match to watch football or to hang about with your mates?

Because you can do the latter at any time, arange to meet before the match for a pint and after the match.

I have to be honest I go to watch the football on the pitch and while it's being played I could'nt give less of a fuck who was sat next to me, as long as they are a blue they will do for me.

charliebigspuds said:
SalfordCityBlue said:
As a fellow Cook defender, I say this with a really heavy heart...

Great fucking post.
^^^^^this^^^^^, of course I'll renew, I would have renewed if they had doubled it BUT as a North Stander if they can only find me a seat in the gods of the C Bell stand I won't!!!!!
BTW what is Cook's idea of a "match day experience" because mine is having a few bevvies with my mates and my dad, sitting next to my mates and my dad who I've sat next to for donkeys years and cheering on the boys in blue like I have done for donkeys years, call me old fashioned if you want!

This is the match day experience, not the garbage being spouted by the boys in suits.

Its about time mr cook got away from the yes men and actually realised what the real fans actually gp to the match for. To watch FOOTBALL

The main master-stroke of this move is that the majority (perhaps majority is a strong word, but a good percentage) of adults that don't currently meet the criteria probably won't move from the North Stand - they'll find/kidnapp/produce child under the age of 16 to take with them to remain in the NS and to take advantage of the cheaper ticket prices (or at least offset the price of the move.) It would have cost me £500 to move, it costs the same for me to renew my ST and get one for my 7 year old nephew and stay in the same block I am.

That folks is genious, the club are incentivising people to take under 16s and introudce them to the blue side. Ensuring the next couple of generartions of Mancuians are all blue gets a double thumbs up from me.

Im a Season ticket holder, and sit up on the third tier......<br /><br />-- Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:17 pm --<br /><br />bollocks what happened there!

I feel there is a slight over reaction to the 6% "hike". This is a tiny amount of money considering we are not watching a team worthy of such prices and i only read in this that we should expect further heavy investment for next season on and off the pitch. Prices for everything are going up, just because we have money we should not be expected to keep prices at a minimum. Next people will be saying so many tickets should be free.
I do feel next season with the players that will be on the pitch the football we will be playing, people will infact say it is good value for money.

mannion18 said:
I feel there is a slight over reaction to the 6% "hike". This is a tiny amount of money considering we are not watching a team worthy of such prices and i only read in this that we should expect further heavy investment for next season on and off the pitch. Prices for everything are going up, just because we have money we should not be expected to keep prices at a minimum. Next people will be saying so many tickets should be free.
I do feel next season with the players that will be on the pitch the football we will be playing, people will infact say it is good value for money.

Factor in your weekly airfare from Perth though and it's beginning to become an expensive hobby.

Football is a business. Manchester City Football club is a business currently losing money. It can't go on like that. Something has to give. TBH a 6% increase in season ticket prices for the majority isn't a large increase. Even with the 6% increase City are still one of the cheapest football teams to watch in the Prem. Fact!

-- Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:50 pm --

As for those complaining about the matchday experiance.(quote) That will happen before and after the match, not during it.

It will start on City Street and continue on the concorse inside the stadium and then after the match back on City Street. If you and your kids don't want to take part, that's fair enough. However, the option is there if you want too.

The idea is to keep the kids entertained before and after the match. TBH I see nothing wrong with that. If you do, please tell us why it's a problem?<br /><br />-- Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:29 pm --<br /><br />
jrb said:
Football is a business. Manchester City Football club is a business currently losing money. It can't go on like that. Something has to give. TBH a 6% increase in season ticket prices for the majority isn't a large increase. Even with the 6% increase City are still one of the cheapest football teams to watch in the Prem. Fact!

-- Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:50 pm --

As for those complaining about the matchday experiance.(quote) That will happen before and after the match, not during it.

It will start on City Street and continue on the concorse inside the stadium and then after the match back on City Street. If you and your kids don't want to take part, that's fair enough. However, the option is there if you want too.

The idea is to keep the kids entertained before and after the match. TBH I see nothing wrong with that. If you do, please tell us why it's a problem?

Time check.

45 minutes since original posting.(above)

No complaints so far.

Perhaps I've touched on something?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.