Garry Cook resigns (merged)

Re: Big battle for power on the horizon now

Yep. Need to get a line drawn under this quickly now. Prevent a vacuum - or at least minimise the impact - and move on.

Every faith the next chapter will be just as successful, fruitful and exciting.

CTID

Re: Garry Cook resigns

Once he'd pressed send to Marwood and copied her in he was in trouble...even if he'd admitted sending it when first asked there would have been calls for his head given his past record.
I'm saddened by the outcome as I think he has done a good job and tried verey hard to ut City fans at the heart of his work.
As for the Onuoha's I don't really have much to say other than why wait until now to reveal the email...It's not like Ned can get a deal out of here now with the window closed so I have to summise that there was another agenda...was it theirs? Kia's? Ian Wright's?
Wait for Garry's autobiography...should be a good read.
Thanks for all your hard work fella.
Let's hope the next in line has big bollocks and can sort out the sun and rogue agents.

wonder who wants to hire onouha with this blackmailing mom. i dont want to sound rude but the whole thing really pisses me off. look around world and try to find how many reserve players are paid 30k a week! of course she was happy with the contract but she HAD to understand no other clubs would like to pay such a player this wage. if she and onouha had accepted a pay cut, everything would have been done a lot earlier. they want the money and they think they are ill-treated by the club. oh my god.

Wasn't he the good Doctor's appointment? (hee hee sorry for the pun)... I think he was and with his Nike and other influential connections he has been very useful to us.I'm not worrying though, Kaldoon and Mansour will have someone in mind already and that man will be well respected, fantastic at his job and will drive this ship forward.Cook was prone to gaffes and sometimes came across as ungenuine to me and his spurious explanation of the email that exposed him leaves a really sour taste in the mouth. Goodbye and good luck Cook.

Skashion said:
Shame to see him go. Shame to see Kia, Ian Wright and Nedum's mam win.
Not only that they won with an own goal..

BurnCK said:
CityForever45 said:
I don't understand all the hate against Onuhoa, the Sun ecc. Cook put himself in this situation; he's the only one to blame.

Really ? Yes Cook was initially to blame...but you can't honestly think that sitting on an email for 11 months, then releasing it to the press just after the transfer window closes because your son has failed to get a move is the right way to handle things ? Add to that all the shit spouted about how 'reading the email was worse than finding out I had cancer' bollocks...
THIS! and now she fucking hiding and use her illness for her own good,

a real fucking woman

Yes he's put his foot in it a few times but he was passionate and he's done a damn good job for us and I'm gutted to see him go. Fuck Onuoha, lifelong blue or not I hope he never plays for us again, not that he's good enough to do so anyway. As for Joorabchian, this arrogant slug has to be reported to FIFA....then again, he'd probably fit in well there...

CityForever45 said:
I don't understand all the hate against Onuhoa, the Sun ecc. Cook put himself in this situation; he's the only one to blame.

Rubbish. Onuoha could have privately written to the club at the time and demanded a proper investigation. Instead though, she waited 11 months and then when Cook quite rightly (and acting in the best interests of Manchester City) refused to agree to her son's demand that we pay his wages whilst he swanned off to Everton on loan, she takes her 'story' to the newpapers. Sounds like spiteful woman territory to me. Cook's error was in inventing a mystery 'hacker' to cover his embarrassment at having inadvertently hit 'reply' instead of 'forward' on his email account.....a simple mistake that I'm certain everyone's made. It's ridiculous that he has to pay for it with his job. Onuoha should never ever ever play football for this club again.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.