Garry Cook resigns (merged)

Re: Garry Cook resigns

Blue-Eyes said:
larderland said:
john williams was chairman of blackburn,a club that could barely fill its stadium.doubt hed bring us to the levels the cub want off and on the pitch
You can only make the best of the job you have in hand. It's like saying a guy who runs a corner shop would never be able to Manage and Supermarket. All the skills are the same, it's just on a bigger scale.

John Williams will be the next Chief Exec - I'd put money on it.

good point in fairness

Very sad day for all parties involved. Garry's done some great work at City, and it must be particularly difficult for him knowing that next week we will take our CL bow. He should've had the opportunity to see that...

I hope now all those people falling over themselves to abuse the Onuoha's realize that there was something extremely crass in the initial email, and then Garry's lies to try and cover it up. I hope to never see Nedum's mother in a newspaper again. She has her pound of flesh and she needs to move on with the same quiet dignity with which MCFC as a club have handled this situation.

Not happy here either... thought he did great things even tho he had some blubbers... But City are in capable hands and we are going to keep progressing who ever joins in this position!!

Thanks Cook for everything you have done during your time here!

For those that can't get on OS

Manchester City Football Club announce that the Board led review initiated on Monday of this week, as a response to allegations made to the football club, football authorities and a national newspaper by Dr Anthonia Onuoha, has been concluded.

As a result, the Club can confirm that there is foundation to Dr Onuoha’s allegations and the Chairman has written to apologise to Dr Onuoha for any distress caused.

Following the findings of the review, Chief Executive Officer Garry Cook has offered his resignation, which has been accepted with regret by the Board.

Chairman Khaldoon Al Mubarak responded to the decision, saying: “Garry has made a remarkable contribution to Manchester City Football Club over the past three years.

“His judgement in this matter should in no way lead to his accomplishments being overlooked. On every level, the club is unrecognisable from the organisation which he inherited and our staff and supporter services, community outreach and commercial activity have seen unparalleled growth under his direction with yet more projects to be realised on the horizon.

“On behalf of Sheikh Mansour and the Board, I would like to thank him for his energy and tireless commitment to serving all those connected with the football club. He will always be welcome at Manchester City.”

Garry Cook said: “I am privileged to have held my position at Manchester City Football Club and to have experienced the opportunities that it has presented. The privilege is in part offset however by the significant personal focus which has at times, detracted from the magnificent achievements of those working at the football club.

“It is that factor, together with my error of judgement in this matter that has prompted me to reach this decision, which I believe is in the best interests of the football club.

“I wish Roberto and his team and all of the fans and supportive partners of the Club the very best for exciting times ahead. I would also like to put on record my unreserved thanks to Sheikh Mansour, Khaldoon Al Mubarak and the Board and all of the very talented staff at the Club for their support throughout my tenure at Manchester City. I know the Club will go from strength to strength.”

Whilst the Board commences a search for a new Chief Executive Officer, Director John MacBeath will fulfil the role of temporary CEO, working closely with the Board.

Disastrous. His contribution moving the club forward has been nothing short of outstanding. He sussed Kia was a **** also and refused to deal with him. Kia and the media twats have won and we have let them. Kia must be licking his lips at the thought of a new CEO coming in for a fresh start. Not only this but we could be well and truly fucked regarding FFPR considering Cook has it all in order.

I am fucking disgusted.

Nedum pray you nor your mother come anywhere close to me anytime soon.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.