Garry Cook

blueyorkie said:
Didsbury Dave said:
My second favorite post on this forum ever. Fucking pmsl!!!!!!!

I guess you reap what you sew, this Peoffrey character seems to have a nasty streak having a go at anyone who he chooses. Can hardly complain if he gets a bit back.

I never have complained as long as the attacks are structured and fair. When they get personal or threatening then we have a problem.

I'm struggling to think of anyone at Cook's level who have dropped as many gaffes and caused more tension in the media within football. I found him deeply insincere, smarmy and ignorant of football from day one. The manner of his departure never surprised me one bit. Odious, lying slimeball... yet some of you want him back! He belongs in Parliament.

peoffrey said:
blueyorkie said:
Didsbury Dave said:
My second favorite post on this forum ever. Fucking pmsl!!!!!!!

I guess you reap what you sew, this Peoffrey character seems to have a nasty streak having a go at anyone who he chooses. Can hardly complain if he gets a bit back.

I never have complained as long as the attacks are structured and fair. When they get personal or threatening then we have a problem.

I'm struggling to think of anyone at Cook's level who have dropped as many gaffes and caused more tension in the media within football. I found him deeply insincere, smarmy and ignorant of football from day one. The manner of his departure never surprised me one bit. Odious, lying slimeball... yet some of you want him back! He belongs in Parliament.
The main thing I always took from looking at or hearing him speak was 'slime ball', too.

When he came out blabbing to the media about our then captain's name not rolling off the tongue in the Far East or words to that effect, the alarm bells started to ring for me. He was a huge egotist and it showed itself in a detrimental manner far too often.
His supporters have given voice to the idea tht he was instrumental in getting the new owners on board - he should be commended form this alone if this was the case. However, I believe his inability to keep a low profile and his series of gaffs gave an already hostile and fuckwitted media a further stick to beat us with.
He did noticably keep a lower profile towards the end of his tenuure after the possibly being advisedto do so by the owners or Vicky Kloss but his resignation was inevitable after the Onuaha issue and he only has himself to blame.
If you like him 'cos' he bought you a drink on a euro away', well that say more about you really.

see he gets sincere gratitude from Lakey in the acknowledgments at the beginning of his brilliant autobiog

seems to get alot of praise from those who knew him and worked with him

we all make gaffes and I for one admired his ambition as expressed at that supporters meeting in NYC

didn't he say that it was only matter of time before we would beat the rags and be at wembley?

oh dear fancy saying that tut tut :-)

didn't he also say that we would be the biggest and best team in the world like we all sing we are?

well we are among the elite right now and I wouldn't bet against that statement coming true either

I'd be happy to see him back at the helm

blue_paul said:
If you like him 'cos' he bought you a drink on a euro away', well that say more about you really.
Garry Cook did an excellent job at the club. That's not even in doubt. The only people who dislike him are those who blush easily and talk about being embarrassed. Who gets worried about what they look like to others? Only the vain and egotistical.

I would have him back in an instant

most of his detractors seem to just spout pathetic and shallow issues

I am used to working in major business and for CEO it is business results that they should be judged by

On those aspects he has been a massive success and we need someone as effective as him to maintain the momentum of growth (and the relationship with MCC) and we need fans that are not so wet as too get all OTT about a few gaffes - FFS grow up and grow a pair

Skashion said:
blue_paul said:
Garry Cook did an excellent job at the club. That's not even in doubt. The only people who dislike him are those who blush easily and talk about being embarrassed. Who gets worried about what they look like to others? Only the vain and egotistical.
Or the pathalogically insecure.

Skashion said:
blue_paul said:

I've already said he should be commended for bringing the owners in. However, we could also criticise Cook for the gargantuan tranfer fees and wages we handed out to very average players under Hughes. I'm sure it wasn't Hughes who agreed the fees and we're still being punished by our seeming inability to offload fringe players due to the ridiculous contracts we gave out.

By the way, stop making such sweeping statements about people being vain and egotistical becasue they thought 'Cookie' brought much unneeded attention to the club with his many gaffes. He wasn't to everyone's taste, more of my mates where happy to to be shot of him for instance.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.