Garry Neville {merged}...

Re: Garry Neville Talks...

He talks the talk for a RAG... verdict is out but his punditry beats the boring Shearer, Lineker, Hansen, chattering monkey stuff...

Watched him tonight like a hawk.He gave me more tactical insight in a few minutes than I have had from MOTD dinosaurs/pundits Hansen/lawrenson my whole life.Kept his obvious Bias in check to.

This feels wrong, so very, very wrong. If you had asked me a few months ago which rag I would praise for their opinion, it would have litteraly have been any other player but him.

Whilst I find Neville's analysis far more interesting and insightful than the banal nonsense served up by the likes of Redknapp and Wilkins, I think people get carried away.

Did people really expect that he'd talk like a myopic Unied fan when discussing City or Liverpool?! It would hardly be good for his job prospects.

He speaks sensibly certainly, but he's hardly Albert Einstein. He's just being refreshingly neutral. Not sure that merits a new thread after every single Monday night game on Sky.

I have far more respect for players like Neville that when they played gave it out to their opponents, didn't we all love Mike Doyle for doing the same thing to the Rags. Sure he spoke shit and wound every fucker up but isn't that what its all about. We had our day with him on a number of occasions the highlight being the Goats goal at Maine Road and as far I can recall he never once went out to end another fellow proffessionals career unlike that shithouse Keane. Now thats one grade A C**T if ever there was one.

As a pundit on tv he started extremely nervous on his first night when he had to interview Mancini and to his credit he made a light joke about it. Since then he has been a breath of fresh air compared to every other so called expert from any of the channels. It doesn't matter which game he is commenting on but he sees the obvious (which so many seem to miss) and his tactical reviews are very impressive, he is always fair, always spot on and gives his thoughts on the game with much clarity and sense.

Fuck, I think I might have to lie down for a while but he's the only one I actually want to listen to these days.

connor_devine94 said:
We all hate him yes but have to face the fact that the man has been there and got the t-shirt. Speaks a lot of sense.

I don't hate him any more. He is one of the few pundits who doesn't talk utter shite. Almost every one of the others are incapable of honesty and some of them are outright, take the piss, hostile.

I'll never give him his due, he's a **** but he is one of the better pundits.

Mind you, he has little competition. He clearly understands the game and articulates himself well which automatically puts him above most of the cretins they wheel out.

Jamie Redknapp is possibly the worst of his kind, he comes across like a tart who's never seen a full match before and relies on lazy generalisations. He's a very simple man and that comes across.

Gary was annoyed with Wigan at half time, wasn't he? But he didn't let it cloud his judgement. I have tremendous respect for the job he's doing. Along with Souness, he's the only honest pundit around.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.