Gary Cook Gaff (Merged)

Re: End of Gary Cook

blumoonrises said:
lancs blue said:
Imagine if we lose tomorrow, 5 pages of Cook out and Hughes out threads by 6pm.

as I mentioned before, its gonna get complicated...

I can see the thread now..

Hughes out Cook in

Hughes out Cook out

Hughes in Cook in

Hughes in Cook out...... which corner are you in..?!!!
Get them all out cos Didsbury Dave has all the answers!

Dave and his blue whelk stall

roll up roll up blue whelks for sale
fresh pure united bread whelks for sale
none of that city employed blue united shit
pure bread manchester ship canal whelks-12 for a pound

Didsbury Dave said:
We are the luckiest club in world football.

Every team in every counrty across the whole world envies our financial situation.

Yet the two most important jobs in the club were filled by an incompetant.

Both are still in-situ
Would you rather have Cook or Mackintosh?

strongbowholic said:
Didsbury Dave said:
We are the luckiest club in world football.

Every team in every counrty across the whole world envies our financial situation.

Yet the two most important jobs in the club were filled by an incompetant.

Both are still in-situ
Would you rather have Cook or Mackintosh?

neither

strongbowholic said:
HardyBarlow said:
This is the small club metality Robbie was talking about.

We were in that postion 10 years ago due the levels of incompitance akin to those supposedly shown by GC tonight.

I don't sit here looking back 10 years with a warm glow saying look how far we've come. I sit here looking how far we need to go in the expectancy that trophies will be delivered. I do not accept incompitance at out club at any level.

Sound ruthless?..Rag like, even? Maybe. Unfortunately, they are the benchmark and this circus act does not happen there. It is simply not acceptable that it happens here.
Oh the irony.

Fortunately, I'm not paid thousands to spell. GC is paid thousands to run Manchester City....I suspect you go to the games on your own...

flb said:
blumoonrises said:
as I mentioned before, its gonna get complicated...

I can see the thread now..

Hughes out Cook in

Hughes out Cook out

Hughes in Cook in

Hughes in Cook out...... which corner are you in..?!!!
Get them all out cos Didsbury Dave has all the answers!

Dave and his blue whelk stall

roll up roll up blue whelks for sale
fresh pure united bread whelks for sale
none of that city employed blue united shit
pure bread manchester ship canal whelks-12 for a pound
DDyou are making yourself look very stupid

pardoe said:
Damocles said:
So, we have Al-Mubarak as the Chairman. His job is to watch over everything, sign the business deals for the club, mooch around the owner and be his man in here.

We have Vicky Kloss, who is Head of Communications and is the one who checks on the fans views, and makes sure everything is working well.

We have a spate of directors to assume the day to day running of the club.

So, what exactly is it that Cook does? I'm not having a pop, I'm just interested in the day to day activities of a CEO.

Why are so many people saying he's monumentally crap, or great? What is it he does?
Cook basically acts as Chairman. Khaldoon obviously doesn't have day-to-day involvement in the club. He's Mansour's link to the club, nothing more, titles are deceiving. Cook's in charge of non-football operations, and doing a great job. Vicki Kloss doesn't even deserve a mention here really. Might as well give John on turnstyle 16 a mention, too.

But Vicky's lovely, by all accounts :)

I was just pointing out that Khaldoon manages the business, and Vicky manages the fans, so I wasn't sure exactly what Cook did.

But, if Cook does manage the business, then to be fair he has just signed two HUGE sponsorship deals, and previously a shirt sponsorship deal, that are bigger than some of the top four. We finished 10th last season. Not bad work!

Fuck that, he can slip up as many times as he likes as long as he keeps signing multi-million pound deals.

So he isn't exactly great in the speaking department? It isn't his job to be.

It was a slip of the tongue end of !

The fact that some on here are calling for our CEO's head on the basis of a gaffe are demonstrating idiocy of the highest order.

Everything at this club commercially has improved since Cook took over - the internals of the ground, the infrastructure and the communications from the club - absolutely everything. There is still things to address but it's all moving in the right direction.

It's small minded to think we will find the best CEO who is died in the wool blue. I don't give a f*ck about whether they were City from birth but do they know how to grow a brand and a business and f*ck this guy knows how to do that !

He grew the Nike Jordan brand from nothing to one of the biggest in the world.

Wtf did Kenyon know about football when he ran Umbro !!?? They set the manager targets and if he doesn't meet them his job is under threat - quite simple really. A football club is a business and fortunately we are lucky to have Gary Cook at the helm an awesome businessman.

I've also been fortunate to meet Gary in person and he spoke passionately about the club and he has absolutely caught the MCFC bug. He admits to being a Brum fan in his youth but said he went back there with City and felt nothing.

Those who heckled should hang their heads in shame, thank god they are not largely representative of our club.

Blue Mooner said:

The fact that some on here are calling for our CEO's head on the basis of a gaffe are demonstrating idiocy of the highest order.

Everything at this club commercially has improved since Cook took over the internals if the ground, the infrastructure and the communications from the club - absolutely everything.

Its small minded to think we will find the best CEO who is died in the wool blue. I don't give a f*ck about whether they were City from birth but do they know how to grow a brand and a business and f*ck this guy knows how to do that !

Wtf did Kenyon know about football when he ran Umbro !!?? They set the manager targets and if he doesn't meet them his job is under threat - quite simple really. A football club is a business and fortunately we are lucky to have Gary Cook at the helm an awesome businessman.

I've also been fortunate to meet Gary in person and he spoke passionately about the club and he has absolutely caught the MCFC bug. He admits to being a Brum fan in his youth but said he went back there with City and felt nothing.

Those who heckled should hang their heads in shame, thank god they are not largely representative of our club.
sense at last

weve had a wank club for thirty years and some on here want it to continue

Blue Mooner said:

To be fair, when he took over Nike Jordan, it was one of the biggest brands in the world, and he left six months later for us.

Blue Mooner said:

Everything at this club commercially has improved since Cook took over - the internals of the ground, the infrastructure and the communications from the club - absolutely everything. There is still things to address but it's all moving in the right direction.

It's small minded to think we will find the best CEO who is died in the wool blue. I don't give a f*ck about whether they were City from birth but do they know how to grow a brand and a business and f*ck this guy knows how to do that !

at last a bit of common sense,now can we move on

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.