Gary Cook Gaff (Merged)

Re: End of Gary Cook

So, we have Al-Mubarak as the Chairman. His job is to watch over everything, sign the business deals for the club, mooch around the owner and be his man in here.

We have Vicky Kloss, who is Head of Communications and is the one who checks on the fans views, and makes sure everything is working well.

We have a spate of directors to assume the day to day running of the club.

So, what exactly is it that Cook does? I'm not having a pop, I'm just interested in the day to day activities of a CEO.

Why are so many people saying he's monumentally crap, or great? What is it he does?

HardyBarlow said:
Rodenberger10 said:
May I take you all back 10 years... we are in division 2 fighting for promotion playing away at Port Vale. If someone told you 'you will be the richest club in the world in 10 years, with a new stadium with a board who appreciate and welcome your opinions... after Novemebr you are 6th in the Premier League and on target for a top 4 finish having just secured 2 huge big money sponsorship deals. However a vast majority of the fans will moaning about Football and the running of the club.' Wonder what you would have said back then?

Well I would have said... 'Ungrateful! They don't know how lucky they are.'

Funnily enough i'm still of that opinion!

This is the small club metality Robbie was talking about.

We were in that postion 10 years ago due the levels of incompitance akin to those supposedly shown by GC tonight.

I don't sit here looking back 10 years with a warm glow saying look how far we've come. I sit here looking how far we need to go in the expectancy that trophies will be delivered. I do not accept incompitance at out club at any level.

Sound ruthless?..Rag like, even? Maybe. Unfortunately, they are the benchmark and this circus act does not happen there. It is simply not acceptable that it happens here.
Oh the irony.

lancs blue said:
moomba said:
If someone had told me 10 years ago that we would have a load of money but weren't able to comment on the club for fear of not towing the company line I would have passed.

Agreed, as someone who survived trekking round the Div 3 grounds I'm getting fed up of being told to be grateful and "think where we were 10 years ago".

I want the best for MCFC and if that means constructively criticising any part of the current set-up then I'll do so. Those who disagree feel free to debate the issues with me rather than shout me down though.

There more people on here saying stuff like "Get that rag bastard out!" than people demanding every 'Outer' go "support another club".

Theres debate with a number of posters, however, people on both sides are unable to see the opposing view. Imo, people like moomba (i don't mean to single him out here, i've no grudge against him or anything); who are in every single Hughes thread saying the same thing over and over again.

I haven't seen anyone say (although i've not seen every thread) that criticism of our club is not allowed, but the nature of the criticism; and often the reasoning and nature of some of the criticism is unjust/petty/outright odd

lancs blue said:
mat said:
60 pages by 12pm.
Imagine if we lose tomorrow, 5 pages of Cook out and Hughes out threads by 6pm.

as I mentioned before, its gonna get complicated...

I can see the thread now..

Hughes out Cook in

Hughes out Cook out

Hughes in Cook in

Hughes in Cook out...... which corner are you in..?!!!

blumoonrises said:
lancs blue said:
Imagine if we lose tomorrow, 5 pages of Cook out and Hughes out threads by 6pm.

as I mentioned before, its gonna get complicated...

I can see the thread now..

Hughes out Cook in

Hughes out Cook out

Hughes in Cook in

Hughes in Cook out...... which corner are you in..?!!!

You need the middle catergory 'sit on the fence regarding any controversial matter'

Damocles said:
So, we have Al-Mubarak as the Chairman. His job is to watch over everything, sign the business deals for the club, mooch around the owner and be his man in here.

We have Vicky Kloss, who is Head of Communications and is the one who checks on the fans views, and makes sure everything is working well.

We have a spate of directors to assume the day to day running of the club.

So, what exactly is it that Cook does? I'm not having a pop, I'm just interested in the day to day activities of a CEO.

Why are so many people saying he's monumentally crap, or great? What is it he does?
Cook basically acts as Chairman. Khaldoon obviously doesn't have day-to-day involvement in the club. He's Mansour's link to the club, nothing more, titles are deceiving. Cook's in charge of non-football operations, and doing a great job. Vicki Kloss doesn't even deserve a mention here really. Might as well give John on turnstyle 16 a mention, too.

<a class="postlink" href="http://timesonline.typepad.com/thegame/2009/11/why-garry-cook-has-learnt-from-his-mistakes.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://timesonline.typepad.com/thegame/ ... takes.html</a>

We are the luckiest club in world football.

Every team in every counrty across the whole world envies our financial situation.

Yet the two most important jobs in the club were filled by an incompetant.

Both are still in-situ

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.