Gary Cook Gaff (Merged)

Re: End of Gary Cook

Gary Cooke makes a faux pa, hardly news is it, as someone on this thread has already
said, "he's our Prince Philip". I always expect him to come out with some bollocks, he
can't help it. Doesn't stop him doing his job though does it ?

I feel for Uwe, who after all, is the main victim of this one. I would imagine
he would be gutted to be inducted into the scum hall of disrepute. However,
because he is a blue he will take it on the chin and carry on loving the club.

It's true that some fans on here need to look at themselves and the way
they have reacted, no doubt about that but that also applies to all the
posters who have come out with garbage like, fuckoff to another club, idiot,
deserve failure, etc. BM is rapidly becoming a site where people are not allowed
to critiscise any aspect of the club without being subjected to abuse, some of it vile.

I still don't know what is supposed to have happened.

cant spell-dont care said:
I like Garry Cook, i have great respect for him as a business man and think that he is a great aset for our club. Would be very disapointed of he got sacked.

Yes - most on here do not understand the need for the business aspects to be progressed really well and Cook has been the best in the PL bar none - so be bad news if a gaff gets n the way (stupid as it was (if true))

Who really cares, there's no way he should be sacked for that. Stop being so damned sensitive.

Gary Cook & the Cardinal Sin !!!

As per other posts on here. I was at the OSC dinner last night. During Gary Cooks drab fully scripted speech, he inducted Uwe Rosler into the City Hall of fame. I suppose the only bit he assumed he could competently announce without his scripted notes is the club that he is charged with building into a global brand hence

"...... and it gives me great pleasure to induct Uwe Rosler into the Manchester United hall of fame..............................."

That alone is highly embarrassing & some would deem a sackable offence, but what happened next was more worrying.
I was on a table with Giles Curruthers (talk sport producer) who always gives a good account of city when on air, also susan bookbinder (5 live) was there. Basically Cook/ City's "people" went out of their way to ensure that this slip of the tongue wouldn't reach the media. There was serious pressure applied to Giles & Susan, and probably any other media hacks present. Probably along the lines of "if this gets into the media we know where it has come from & your (talk sport/ 5 live) media access to city will severely restricted." Well put it this way Giles who was fuming and is no fan of Cook, made it clear he would much prefer the fans to go public with this story.

RIP Gary Cook - You won't be missed !!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.