Gary Cook Gaff (Merged)

Re: End of Gary Cook

Why the fuck has this got so many pages is what I'm thinking. Pathetic. The op sounds like he were sniffed up and steaming at the time!!!!!

Reactionary, knee jerk bullsh*t of the highest order!

If the posters on here asking for GC's head because of a simple slip of the tongue cannot see what he has done for our club then it is a sad state of affairs.

99% of the posts on here were done past midnight last night when I can only assume that some of the vitriol being spouted may have been as a direct result of alcohol. I wonder how many wake up this morning and think that they went a bit too far in what they were saying - maybe they made a mistake due to the alcohol? Well FFS!! GC was at a dinner, probably had a glass of wine or two and inadvertantly got one of his words wrong in a pressure situation (public speaking is not easy nor comfortable and I don't care who you are or what position of power you hold but it never feels natural).

So wind your necks in a bit, pour a bit of water onto your burning effagies and put your pitch-forks back into the garden shed. Get over this because it means absolute f*ck all in the scheme of things.

PJA said:
United fans will have a field day with this one
That's the thing, WHO GIVES A FLYING F*CK? A few nobodies over on Red Cafe or whatever have a bit of a chuckle, Oli Holt or some tool in the Mail picks up on it whilst pretending to be a real journo? Who cares? It's not as if he's been caught with his cock in a donkey, he made a mistake, absolutely no big deal. Naive, yes, unprofessional, sure, but easily done.

irlamblue70 said:
99% of the posts on here were done past midnight last night when I can only assume that some of the vitriol being spouted may have been as a direct result of alcohol.

What's your excuse?

GC was at a dinner, probably had a glass of wine or two and inadvertantly got one of his words wrong in a pressure situation (public speaking is not easy nor comfortable and I don't care who you are or what position of power you hold but it never feels natural).

He's a highly paid employee at the club, if he's not capable of speaking at a function like this due to nerves or pressure then I question whether he is up to it. If a glass of wine or two renders him incapable of making a speech without cocking up he should stay on the water.

I'm sure he is capable, but let's not excuse this as anything other than a pretty unprofessional act by someone that is only too happy telling all and sundry how professional he is.

Re: Gary Cook & the Cardinal Sin !!!

And of course this fully warranted a thread of its own?

Can admin merge the 2/3/9/3000 threads that might pop up on the subject?

Monumental fuck-up from a man who really should know better.

But for me, this thread has been way too harsh on the bloke.

So again for me, this Cook has not spoiled the broth!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.