Gary Cook Gaff (Merged)

Re: End of Gary Cook

not reading through 38 pages, but all it was, was a slip of the tounge, people booed after and that was the end of it.

and credit to uwe, he was cool as a cucumber and a true gent in his speech, hope he gets the reception he deserves today if he comes out before the game

Fact: Cook has made a mistake
Fact: Some city fans are pissed off at this mistake
Fact: The majority of us still have the sense of humour that we have needed to support this club over our lifetimes.

So lets not make it out to a bigger deal than it is with talks of sackings.

Lets get Cook to come out and apoligise and as a punishment for his error, using our sense of humour, make him feel daft about it and move on e.g. Dress him up as Moonchester for a game or something of a similar nature and let that be the end of it.

M35 Blue said:
Fact: The majority of us still have the sense of humour that we have needed to support this club over our lifetimes.

Lets get Cook to come out and apoligise and as a punishment for his error, using our sense of humour, make him feel daft about it and move on e.g. Dress him up as Moonchester for a game or something of a similar nature and let that be the end of it.

that would be the best way to move him on from this, but could you imagine his reception on the pitch today, now that would be worth seeing

M35 Blue said:

Excellent post. Fine, so he madea silly slip of the tongue. And no City fan would make such a mistake. However, is Cook a City fan? He was brought in by Frank to do a job, and was kept on in the same role by ADUG. And on the whole, he has done a very good job. Perhaps the Kaka saga might have been handled better, but even now we don't know if it was all Cook's fault. The club, from top to bottom, is now run far more professionally than it ever has been. Let him get on with the job. Over-reaction seems rife on here these days. Witness whenever we don't turn over the opposition by a cricket score.

Cant belive what I am reading
Cook is an idiot yes, but this obsession with united has got to fucking stop!
This is reason why we have been so shit for so long
We have been trying to play catch up for 30 years before getting our own shit in order
Since gary cook has been in i have seen city perform better than in my entire life (im 30)
Im not saying its down to him but we finally seem to be getting our shit together
If somthing as trivial as this causes us to lose someone who we know has the clubs interest at heart then i dont know where we can go
Anyway fuck it we will win today and hopefully all this will be forgotten

murtaz said:
Cant belive what I am reading
Cook is an idiot yes, but this obsession with united has got to fucking stop!
This is reason why we have been so shit for so long
We have been trying to play catch up for 30 years before getting our own shit in order
Since gary cook has been in i have seen city perform better than in my entire life (im 30)
Im not saying its down to him but we finally seem to be getting our shit together
If somthing as trivial as this causes us to lose someone who we know has the clubs interest at heart then i dont know where we can go
Anyway fuck it we will win today and hopefully all this will be forgotten

Yes a big victory for the blues will certainly have me smiling broadly

I'm suprised this thread even went past 2 or 3 pages, the incident is that insignificant. I'm also guessing, (I only went up to page 4 as I was bored after that), most of the posters were pissed up when the slagging off of fellow blues started? At the end of the day, has anyone's mother been slagged off? No. Was it a mistake? Yes. Will anyone lose any sleep tonight? No. I'm sure there are more important things in life to worry about today than Garry Cook, (OP didn't even know how to spell his name, shock horror, sack him from being a blue), and his silly mistake.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.