Gary Cook Gaff (Merged)

Re: End of Gary Cook

Damocles said:
Soulboy said:
Salford is a city. Just the same as Manchester.

Trafford is a borough, within what was formerly known as Greater Manchester.

They are different places. Different Councils. Different.

Having lived in the Manchester area most of my life (and having worked at Trafford Borough Council), trust me when I tell you that Old Trafford is most definitely NOT in Salford.

And anyone who thinks that is clueless.

Did you even read what I put?

I didn't say that OT was in Salford, I said people use it as a wind up because:

a) Trafford Council has been trying to put Clifford in a separate borough for ages - <a class="postlink" href="http://archive.thisistrafford.co.uk/2005/11/7/18107.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://archive.thisistrafford.co.uk/200 ... 18107.html</a>

b) It's in a Diocese called Salford Diocese.

I never said these people are clever, I said that's some of the reasons why they call it Salford.

You seriously believe that those who blithely comment on Manyoo "playing in Salford" do so because of the Diocesan boundaries covering Salford?

Seriously?

One of the reasons that I was always told growing up. We've called them Salford for donkeys years, and it isn't a stretch to think that this thing came about when that type of thing mattered.

Errr....am I wrong?

I don't mind him really(GC) made a few too many gaffs now though and I think him and Les are two peas in the same pod so when the latter gets the sack, GC won't be far behind him and the rest of the tafia, damn lots of p45's issued that day.

I'll back our owners to bring the right men in now(when) it's they're choice.

Maineblue said:
I don't mind him really(GC) made a few too many gaffs now though and I think him and Les are two peas in the same pod so when the latter gets the sack, GC won't be far behind him and the rest of the tafia, damn lots of p45's issued that day.

Never mind that shit, we're arguing about Salford and Trafford now.

Newlunar said:

I was born in Salford(higher Broughton) and moved to Cheetham hill when I was a nipper, but I'm gonna class Salford as part of Manchester and Trafford as well but when talking to an ManUre fan they ain't and are bunch of tw4ts to boot.

Maineblue said:
Newlunar said:

I was born in Salford(higher Broughton) and moved to Cheetham hill when I was a nipper, but I'm gonna class Salford as part of Manchester and Trafford as well but when talking to an ManUre fan they ain't and are bunch of tw4ts to boot.

I took the same journey, didn't live on cheetham estate did you?

Maineblue said:
Newlunar said:

1) salford is not a part of manchester-fact
2) Salford is a seperate city covering west m/cr
3) Salford is 40% blue (35% maybe if we're arguing)
4) I hate city fans who talk about salford as red etc etc
5) More fool you for moving to hill billy land

Rant over!

Newlunar said:
Maineblue said:

Wohhhhh there, and thats English for stop an 'orse.

From an outsider point of view,(sintellins) from what i can see here is this; the Salford non Manchester chants are probably(on the back of Damocles comments) from the original Diocese blah blah, so lads that are'nt from the said area(s) just chime in with the Salford/rags bit,because sometimes, just sometimes the truth stix, or shit stix. But it starts somewhere.:)

markblackford said:
This just goes to show how much real feeling he has about our club

Mate, when i first red the OP this morning (yes-i was'nt there) i couldnt believe it, if we would have won handsomely today i would still have the same view, WOT A COK.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.