Gary Cook Gaff (Merged)

Re: End of Gary Cook

1_barry_conlon said:
I took the same journey, didn't live on cheetham estate did you?

I went from Twinkle park estate over to Queens road/estate, still there in fact...*reaches for gun

salfordpaul said:
1) salford is not a part of manchester-fact
2) Salford is a seperate city covering west m/cr
3) Salford is 40% blue (35% maybe if we're arguing)
4) I hate city fans who talk about salford as red etc etc
5) More fool you for moving to hill billy land

Rant over!

Easy tiger, yes technically yada yada, I moved a 5 minute walk from Salford to Cheetham. I didn't cross any mountian ranges, rivers or border crossings, I class it as part of the same place but I'm not that pedantic because if you go back far enough Manchester was pretty much one house and a road, it's all got to start somewhere.

And
hill billy land
? yeah it's shit hole just like Salford another reason I class it part of the same place.

flb said:
lancs blue said:
Er no, Denis was a blue before he was a red!

Was anyone who's posted on this thread actually THERE tonight and can give a reasonably accurate version of what happened?

he made his name at united not city you moron-how does that make him blue?

No he didn't... he was already a name at City... he joined Torino for a record fee.

levets said:
flb said:
he made his name at united not city you moron-how does that make him blue?

No he didn't... he was already a name at City... he joined Torino for a record fee.

But most remember him at un...., scoring for us. :)

MCRJON said:
Just got back from the do.... and i see the new has travelled.

I am pretty annoyed by the event. He wasnt Drinking, and nobody has any idea where it came from. Yes its a slip of the tongue but..

..he made NO attempt to hide to cover it. He said "... now welcome Uwe Rosler into the Manchester United Hall of Fame" Stuttered a bit and then gave the award. Rosler spoke for a while then it came back to Cook who closed his speach very quickly to a chorus of boos.

Now, he had two options. One he laughs and says only kidding and corrects himself as it happens. Or after the 10 mins Rosler was on the mic he gets up and apologises for his gaff and we all move on.

He did neither. Idiot. He sat at the top table then for a while and took some flack, and then left. The Gaff pretty much runined the high, focal point of the night. The Room went silent. And he definatly should of addressed it in some way. Considering the entire ELT (Executive Leadership Team), Simon Pearce (name check) who runs all the Sheihks business in Europe and some of the country press top brass were there. He should of said something.

In his speech he had banged on about how the club had been getting bad press and how much it hurt him. He gave the rhetoric on how we are progressing and how we are moving forward. He tried to paint himself not as a leader but as one of us and then pissed all over it.

Lets not forget that this is the man who told fans at the BBQ in Abu Dhabi, "We are not the Manchester Club". He is a fool and he needs to come forwards and address this incident.

Lets not forget that this is the man who told fans at the BBQ in Abu Dhabi, "We are not the Manchester Club".
=============
What? Is this right? If this is right, then he is a buffoon...

Maineblue said:
1_barry_conlon said:
I took the same journey, didn't live on cheetham estate did you?

I went from Twinkle park estate over to Queens road/estate, still there in fact...*reaches for gun

salfordpaul said:
1) salford is not a part of manchester-fact
2) Salford is a seperate city covering west m/cr
3) Salford is 40% blue (35% maybe if we're arguing)
4) I hate city fans who talk about salford as red etc etc
5) More fool you for moving to hill billy land

Rant over!

Easy tiger, yes technically yada yada, I moved a 5 minute walk from Salford to Cheetham. I didn't cross any mountian ranges, rivers or border crossings, I class it as part of the same place but I'm not that pedantic because if you go back far enough Manchester was pretty much one house and a road, it's all got to start somewhere.

And
hill billy land
? yeah it's shit hole just like Salford another reason I class it part of the same place.
tit!!
go back 400 years and you'll find m/cr was a tiny market!
salford was never conquered by the romans like manchester because the people were " too wild "......check it out!
there is a difference don't u believe it!!
salford will and always be different from m/cr and still very blue!

Gary Says Sorry

Sorry if already posted <a class="postlink" href="http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Manchester-City-chairman-Gary-Cook-to-apologise-to-fans-after-Uwe-Rosler-blunder-article235843.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Ma ... 35843.html</a>

Re: Gary Says Sorry

fruitboiler said:
Sorry if already posted <a class="postlink" href="http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Manchester-City-chairman-Gary-Cook-to-apologise-to-fans-after-Uwe-Rosler-blunder-article235843.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Ma ... 35843.html</a>

apology excepted ;)

Re: Gary Says Sorry

That's all he needs to do.

Hopefully, there is a bit of humour in the letter too, and we can forget this whole thing. I wish he would also write to the forums too, and not just the supporters clubs.

Cooky is our Prince Phillip; regularly makes faux-pas but we love him for it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.