Gary Cook Gaff (Merged)

Re: Gary Says Sorry

It looks like a planted story to me, the other Mirror piece is more the "we know you don't want this made public, but we're going to take the piss anyway".

apology accepted, just, but im a big fan of Cooky, he's done brilliantly since he joined, so lets just move on now

Gary James said:
The interesting thing about the slip up is that someone at the do was desperate to get the news out to the media. Were the Mirror there? If they were, fair enough but somehow I doubt it. So that means that they either picked the story up from the fans or someone else who was at the do.

That's worrying, not because of Garry's slip up, but because it shows that some people are determined to get negative stories out no matter what. Next time it could be something much more serious or damaging to MCFC, not to an individual's reputation for speech & language skills.

Years ago Billy McNeill made a similar slip when he was at a supporters' meeting. He said: "It's great to see so many Celtic fans" Obviously he meant City, but it's worth pointing out that the story of this cock-up actually appeared in City's programme as a bit of a 'whoops!' type of comment. It was supposed to be lighthearted but it did damage McNeill's reputation with some fans who thought his cock-up was a bit more deliberate than a simple slip. It was a simple slip, but it haunted him from time to time.

Often it's not the slip ups that are the problem, it's the way some people report them.

There were loads of media/press people there Gary.

If I hadn't been there myself I would've felt exactly the way that many people have perceived it to be on here-a slip of the tongue that's been blown up into something it isn't.
It was just that the whole evening had been built up to a point,Gary was giving a rousing speech,Uwe was beaming,and then he dropped an almighty,jaw-dropping bollock that totally trashed the moment.

I hope it's confined to history now.
But dare I say it.....Gary Cook,welcome to "typical City."

;-)

Gary James said:
The interesting thing about the slip up is that someone at the do was desperate to get the news out to the media. Were the Mirror there? If they were, fair enough but somehow I doubt it. So that means that they either picked the story up from the fans or someone else who was at the do.

That's worrying, not because of Garry's slip up, but because it shows that some people are determined to get negative stories out no matter what. Next time it could be something much more serious or damaging to MCFC, not to an individual's reputation for speech & language skills.

Years ago Billy McNeill made a similar slip when he was at a supporters' meeting. He said: "It's great to see so many Celtic fans" Obviously he meant City, but it's worth pointing out that the story of this cock-up actually appeared in City's programme as a bit of a 'whoops!' type of comment. It was supposed to be lighthearted but it did damage McNeill's reputation with some fans who thought his cock-up was a bit more deliberate than a simple slip. It was a simple slip, but it haunted him from time to time.

Often it's not the slip ups that are the problem, it's the way some people report them.

I agree Gary.
The guys made an honest slip up at a private do, yet here we are less than a week later and it's national. If you are willing to look past the suit and the wage, then you will find a real person who like many has made a cock up and that is all. Some of the stick the guy is getting is beyond a joke and makes us ALL look like bitter bastids.

I am on the fence with regards to Cook.

I admire a lot fo the things he has tried to do with regards to making the club more accessible to fans. But on the other hand, he has made some poor public cock ups and is a bit too keen to be in the public eye for me.

But, regardless of all that, anyone can make a slip of the tongue and it's not a big deal. Who cares? Its not great, but stuff happens.

Re: The Trusted Mirror Has Reported The COOK Gaff! Getting......

trueblue09 said:
fuck both of you this **** needs to go, its not ONE slip of the toungue you fucking baconface loving rag faced **** if you read the OP like you SHOULD hsve done coming onto this topic you would realise that but oh no lets read half a story

COOK + HUGHES OUT

What a delightful turn of phrase you have in addressing fellow blues (or fucking baconface loving rag faced ****'s as you like to call them)! Given an opportunity to sit next to either of you at the match, please can I have the company of the fucking baconface loving rag faced ****'s, both of whom have over 4000 posts to their name, as opposed to your 90-odd! In fact, even if they were fucking baconface loving rag faced ****'s, I think I'd still prefer to be in their presence rather than yours.

I hope this post doesn't upset you too much when you get home from school this afternoon.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.