Gary Cook Gaff (Merged)

Re: The Trusted Mirror Has Reported The COOK Gaff! Getting......

dw7 said:
pardoe said:
The Manchester Evening News would've held of publishing anything like that, given our links to them.

so they wouldnt of rang or mentioned it to their mates in the press also they havent gave us much good press lately

cook deserves everthing he gets imo
Do you ever say anything positive?
What's cook done to you? He wasn't inducting you into the hall of fame - Uwe wasn't offended and took it in good humour - shame some on here can't see the funny side of anything now.
Must be great to be perfect

Anyone who seriously thinks that there was ever a chance of this not getting into the press needs to get a check up.

It would be reported about any club. It gets more high profile coverage because City and United are so high profile.

I'm not that bothered by it, its a slip of the tongue - although Cook does need to get rid of these constant blunders and stop being so keen to be in the public eye imo - but to suggest that it being reported is some sort of conspiracy is just daft.

If it was the other way round and a rag had done it, or even if it was a Scouser or someone else, I would be loving it and taking the piss for weeks

I think its called reporting the news. You know something happens. Print story about it. Fairly common apparently.

Cook made a gaffe. Got a load of abuse. Papers have a laugh at his/our expense. Cook apologises. Cook's bosses take whatever action they see fit. We move on. The End.

GaudinoMotors said:
dw7 said:
so they wouldnt of rang or mentioned it to their mates in the press also they havent gave us much good press lately

cook deserves everthing he gets imo
What's cook done to you? He wasn't inducting you into the hall of fame - Uwe wasn't offended and took it in good humour - shame some on here can't see the funny side of anything now.

whats rosler going to say to cook obviously he's going to take it in good humour and it aint just me not seeing the funny side of it iirc there was a big chorus of boo's for some time after he said it really fucked roslers speech up it also put a bad ending to a good evening most people if not everyne leaving were talking about another cook fuck up rather than roslers award and the other good thing of the night

but he's said sorry now so just forget it now

dw7 said:
GaudinoMotors said:

whats rosler going to say to cook obviously he's going to take it in good humour and it aint just me not seeing the funny side of it iirc there was a big chorus of boo's for some time after he said it really fucked roslers speech up it also put a bad ending to a good evening most people if not everyne leaving were talking about another cook fuck up rather than roslers award and the other good thing of the night

Every football function I`ve ever been to at City or elswhere for that matter there is a chorus of boos whenever United are mentioned it's called humour and banter. Man up and tell us your real reasons for wanting cook out - is it really over something as trivial as this?
or are you just an extra sensitive soul?
I was in hospitality on Saturday and can tell you Uwe had a fabulous time and he and Cook got on very well - he could quite easily have avoided him or not joined in with the laugh they were having, but being a strong character with a sense of humour he didnt crumble like you seem to be.
From an owners perspective:-
Remit
Improve marketing - done
Improve IT and website - done
Improve ticketing - done
Improve ticket office - done
Negotiate lucrative sponsorship contracts - done
Improve kit - done
Bring in world class players - done
Improve the stadium - done and ongoing
Establish excellent relations with the Council - done
Support local charities - done
Bring in professional staff - done
Communicate with fans and supporters clubs - done

Re: Gary Says Sorry

Tree said:
A marketing LEGEND like Gary Cooke gets his BRANDS mixed up!!!!!?????? PMSL!!!!!!!!!

Jesus... if he was still presenting in the US for Nike still and he stuttered, "Please see the new ADIDAS Air Jordon Pro Max 2000" his bollocks would be in a sling flying back across the Atlanic in first class, while he was in Economy with his P45!!!

But that isn't his biggest mistake.. backing Leslie after last season's disaster is that by far....

He tries to MARKET our Rolls Royce squad to the world, while still allowing what is akin to a 17 year old chav and his mates take the wheel in the shape of Hughes, the two Chelsea goalkeepers and the Norwich left back...

The BRAND has to be right before you take it to MARKET it Mr Cooke... That includes a TOP DRAW manager...

As painful as it is to say it.. That's what Baconface is.. maybe that's why you got the BRANDS mixed up...??

A simple mix up?? Forgetting the fact that this guy is on a package of about £1million per year at least..

How many times have we as fans been asked.. "what team to you follow?" Have you ever said "Manchester United" in reply..? No, I thought not.
Pathetic !
I wonder how long you'd have given Baconface to get it right?

GaudinoMotors said:
dw7 said:

Every football function I`ve ever been to at City or elswhere for that matter there is a chorus of boos whenever United are mentioned it's called humour and banter. Man up and tell us your real reasons for wanting cook out - is it really over something as trivial as this?
or are you just an extra sensitive soul?
I was in hospitality on Saturday and can tell you Uwe had a fabulous time and he and Cook got on very well - he could quite easily have avoided him or not joined in with the laugh they were having, but being a strong character with a sense of humour he didnt crumble like you seem to be.
From an owners perspective:-
Remit
Improve marketing - done
Improve IT and website - done
Improve ticketing - done
Improve ticket office - done
Negotiate lucrative sponsorship contracts - done
Improve kit - done
Bring in world class players - done
Improve the stadium - done and ongoing
Establish excellent relations with the Council - done
Support local charities - done
Bring in professional staff - done
Communicate with fans and supporters clubs - done

i suspect every other event you were at were united was mentioned it was a joke and not a complete fuck up at such an important time of the event/speach and to go on as if it didnt happen

btw time to schroll back through this thread or even this whole board for that matter and find somewhere that i have said i wanted cook out

Re: End of Gary Cook

Stupid mistake but seriously, some people need to get a little perspective. He mis-spoke, became acutely embarrassed by it and then compounded the mistake by not dealing with it then and there. Yes, it wasn't exactly his finest hour, but in the grand scheme of things so fucking what?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.