Gary Cook Gaff (Merged)

Re: The Trusted Mirror Has Reported The COOK Gaff! Getting......

To be fair to Gary Cook he probably had the thought running through his head, dont say United, dont say United.

How many times have you ballsed something up cos of a slip of the tongue?

I know i have, i was reading a registration plate out via our tannoy system at work and the end of the plate was something like AYW, so, as we do use the phonetic alphabet my tongue said Alpha, Yankee, Wanky instead of Whisky. It was a slip of the tongue, and while complaints were recieved it was human error.

Are we not all human?

Re: End of Gary Cook

Matty said:
Stupid mistake but seriously, some people need to get a little perspective. He mis-spoke, became acutely embarrassed by it and then compounded the mistake by not dealing with it then and there. Yes, it wasn't exactly his finest hour, but in the grand scheme of things so fucking what?

thats what he told me on saturday night ;)

shadygiz said:
Matty said:
Stupid mistake but seriously, some people need to get a little perspective. He mis-spoke, became acutely embarrassed by it and then compounded the mistake by not dealing with it then and there. Yes, it wasn't exactly his finest hour, but in the grand scheme of things so fucking what?

i wish id spoke to him! bottled it though didn't i ;)

what was you speaking to him about shady?

shadygiz said:
Matty said:

4141791793_6a9d705a18.jpg

Good of him to show up and he's done a great job so far. I crop dusted around them just after I took this photo ;)

Re: The Trusted Mirror Has Reported The COOK Gaff! Getting......

JohnMaddocksAxe said:
Anyone who seriously thinks that there was ever a chance of this not getting into the press needs to get a check up.

It would be reported about any club. It gets more high profile coverage because City and United are so high profile.

I'm not that bothered by it, its a slip of the tongue - although Cook does need to get rid of these constant blunders and stop being so keen to be in the public eye imo - but to suggest that it being reported is some sort of conspiracy is just daft.

If it was the other way round and a rag had done it, or even if it was a Scouser or someone else, I would be loving it and taking the piss for weeks

Too right!!!

Don't mind Cook, he's made a mistake that's all.....Besides it's better the devil you know, the word Kenyon springs to mind and that is one person I wouldn't warm to.

It's actually quite warming to think that he has the enemy (united) on his mind, it proves that they annoy him as much as they annoy us lot. Infact I'd go as far to say that it's our silly obsession to all things red that brings about silly mishaps like this, perhaps it's time to bury the hatchet and move forward as it won't be to long before we have forgotten the stronghold they've had over us and we start to enjoy the fruits of our pain.

What he said was not great but not the end of the World .When you stand in front of the parapit you tend to get shot down .Lets get of his back he doing a great job as far as i can make out .fu*k me we all have said shite at times & wished the ground would swallow us up

brady0 said:
shadygiz said:

i wish id spoke to him! bottled it though didn't i ;)

what was you speaking to him about shady?

he wanted to guage opinions on this forum towards the club and the current run of form mate....had a really good chat with cooky tbh....he is very much a part of this forum in some way, but he wouldnt admit that he posted....he held his hands up about the uwe rosler hall of fame affair and says he was genuinly sorry for the error, it was a slip of the tongue and he didnt have chance to correct himself (maybe due to embarrasment)....he knew exactly how many pages the garry cook out thread was on....some other blues in there on saturday night had called him a rag twat and he was understandably wounded by it all.

he is desperate to keep the fans onside and told me he has an hard job juggling the needs of each group...i.e. owners, players, staff & fans....i told him to concentrate on the players & making sure we progress and perform, the fans will quickly get onside then.

i told him he could build his tower as high and grand as he wants, but unless we have soild foundations then the tower will fall....he believes in what he is preaching and seems to take on board all opinions, which sometimes maybe isnt a good thing

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.