Gary Cook Gaff (Merged)

Re: End of Gary Cook

Cat get's stuck in tree.

A few city fans get over excitied.

Time to move on.

Rammy Blue said:
regardless of what happened last night Cook should not be the CEO of City imo, this incident just reinforces my belief.

by all means keep him on in a marketing role or with something to do with developments but if we entertain aspirations of joinging the "big table" then Cook isn't the man to lead us.

maybe this gaffe will be the catalyst for a reshuffle.
then who is? that c*nt kenyon? think again.......

Prestwich_Blue said:
buzzer1 said:
WTF has that got to do with it?
Well for one you're only going off what someone said. Not seen anything in the papers today so it could have been a complete wind-up by the OP. Second, You don't know the context. Perhaps people were chatting when he was talking so he decided to slip in something to get their attention.

Well considering that there have been a few people witnessing this monumental fuk up, i would say it was nailed, just like GCs coffin, Maybe.

bluemanc said:
Dear o fuckin dear,i've just trawled through all the SKY news channels & the headline sections AND it turns out on the 2nd page of this thread i find out it was at a pissup he said it,which really doesn't matter anyway.
Some of you lot need to get a life or help & QUICK.

I understand where you're coming from-but you're wrong on this.
He was inducting a City legend into the Hall of Fame in front of the OSC members.
He had us all in his hands with the rousing "victory" speech prior to the gaffe.

It was awful at the time.Monumentally awful.But I still say you had to be there to understand how it felt...sheer awful timing.
It's difficult to explain.

Re: Gary Cook & the Cardinal Sin !!!

Mavis said:
As per other posts on here. I was at the OSC dinner last night. During Gary Cooks drab fully scripted speech, he inducted Uwe Rosler into the City Hall of fame. I suppose the only bit he assumed he could competently announce without his scripted notes is the club that he is charged with building into a global brand hence

"...... and it gives me great pleasure to induct Uwe Rosler into the Manchester United hall of fame..............................."

That alone is highly embarrassing & some would deem a sackable offence, but what happened next was more worrying.
I was on a table with Giles Curruthers (talk sport producer) who always gives a good account of city when on air, also susan bookbinder (5 live) was there. Basically Cook/ City's "people" went out of their way to ensure that this slip of the tongue wouldn't reach the media. There was serious pressure applied to Giles & Susan, and probably any other media hacks present. Probably along the lines of "if this gets into the media we know where it has come from & your (talk sport/ 5 live) media access to city will severely restricted." Well put it this way Giles who was fuming and is no fan of Cook, made it clear he would much prefer the fans to go public with this story.

RIP Gary Cook - You won't be missed !!!!
As said on the OTHER thread on this you need to take a long hard look at your life & yourself to get so wound up at this.
Surely our support at this pissup wasn't as bad as being made out on here.
Calling for his head makes you look smalltime i'm afraid & if after only a few posts on here this is what rocks your boat then i feel sorry for you.

The guy fucked up. Who wouldn't.... speaking in front of 700 people. I was there and he could have laughed it off but took the decicion to ignore it. Leave the **** alone.

Garry cook

facepalm1.jpg

BLA BLA FUCKING BLA...look at me attention seeking....

BLUEMOONS WORST EVER THREAD....GET A GRIP MOANING BASTARDS....!!

The same people will moan when we get a decent result tonight.....weren't it windy in that stadium today etc.....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.