Gary Neville analysis of yesterday

hilts said:
Johnsonontheleft said:
The cookie monster said:
Gary neville is a **** has always been a **** and always will be a ****..

This.

It's a fucking disgrace that he was even allowed to commentate on a Manchester derby given his history and associations, and not forgetting his feud with one of our current players. I am going to complain to Sky about this and hope other blues will do likewise.

Unless he is openly biased which he isn't what are you going to complain about?

Neville was passing comment in one of the red tops only 3 days ago, on how Mancini would probably lose his job if we failed to retain the title, I don't see any other Sky analysts coming out with such bias and getting away with it.

He knows his onions but will will always be a City hating, big nosed, shit tash growing, yonner prick.

As much as i like mario when he wants to play he's worth his place as he can offer something differant, i didn't think he had too bad a game yesterday, if that back heel had come off the lad was clear, it didn't he was subbed. Does he stay or go ? Not sure, fed ball to aguerro for that goal, great awareness, great penalty taker is tthat enough, sadly not methinks.
Silva + nasri in same team doesn't work for me, silva starts everytime nasri sub

thedogsbollocks said:
It is easy to analyze from the comfort of a studio retrospectively.

My opinion is that we have a collective problem.We are far to slow to attack,hence the goals for drying up.And we are far to slow to get back to defend collectively.We need to work on our speed.

Smack on the nail, this one.

With our slow build-up, we hamper any chance we have of clear-cut goal chances, particularly for Edin and Mario.
Another result of this approach is that we leave a hell of a lot of space in our own half for speedy wingers or forwards to exploit, especially since our full-backs (wing-halfs), committed to attack,often find themselves on the wrong side of the opposition wingers and can't make up the gap in time.

Consequently, we often see breakaways faced only by our central defenders and Barry - if we're lucky - and of course, we mark space, not players. Our marking is often terrible.

Given a standard quality squad, instead of the one that we are blessed with, we'd be murdered week in and week out.

peter.evans said:
I agree that Neville is excellent and he was brilliant with his analysis. However, all teams have strengths and weaknesses that are easy to spot in hindsight. Neville said United were 'in control' until half time. What complete bollocks. They scored with their first attack and then with their second. What Neville did not say was that if Balotelli, Aguero or Barry had scored with any of the three presentable chances we created in the first half we would have won ! Lucky mis hit that went in and bad finishing did for us, nothing else. We dominated the whole game from start to finish and they have got away eith it yet again ! As for the winning goal, there were FOUR mistakes and another scrwany piece of luck for thr rags. Clichy a) should have passed to Hart, then b) lost it to Welbeck. The wall was a shambles, Nasri was a disgrace and Hart was bloody useless, like with the first goal where he watched it roll in ! Finally, Persie gets a jammy deflection. So whilst Nev is excellent, on another day luck will go against the jammy rags.

Actually ,,this ^^
Just hope all the other Prem clubs sit up and keep on attacking the scum twunts as they don't like it up em..

Neville analylising our defensive flaws! Do me a favour. We've conceded the least goals in the Prem.[ and in the whole football league] We've lost only one Prem game and that's without really getting out 2nd gear yet.
OK we've bombed in your Europe but the Rags would'nt have survived our group either.
He's a talented and knowledgeable pundit but we all know what his agenda is with City[albeit subtle].
I have no doubt whatsover we will be Champions again[and possibly win the cup] but us fans need to reflect a little more on our history before slagging off all and sundry in our team.

OJ Blue said:
hilts said:
Johnsonontheleft said:
This.

It's a fucking disgrace that he was even allowed to commentate on a Manchester derby given his history and associations, and not forgetting his feud with one of our current players. I am going to complain to Sky about this and hope other blues will do likewise.

Unless he is openly biased which he isn't what are you going to complain about?

Neville was passing comment in one of the red tops only 3 days ago, on how Mancini would probably lose his job if we failed to retain the title, I don't see any other Sky analysts coming out with such bias and getting away with it.

He knows his onions but will will always be a City hating, big nosed, shit tash growing, yonner prick.

WIth all due respect, I think you will find that Mancinis position is currently pretty much par for the course these days. Its a sad fact that owners want success. A manager gives them it, then when they fail to maintain that success or surpass it, then out the door they go.

Look at how many managers take a team from the Championship to the premier league, then when they struggle, the first thing the owner does is sod them off. No thanks for putting the team in the PL in the first place.

Look at Chelsea, and their succession of managers. Success is measured not by the fact a trophy is won, but by how much further the manger takes them on from the moment they won it.

Neville has spoken the truth I am afraid. Mancinis job will be at risk if he fails to take City to the next level. There will be no thanks for what he achieved last season.

It would be a joke if they do sack him, but if City are not there or there abouts come May, then Mancini could well be for the chop..

lunebleu said:
Neville analylising our defensive flaws! Do me a favour. We've conceded the least goals in the Prem.[ and in the whole football league] We've lost only one Prem game and that's without really getting out 2nd gear yet.
OK we've bombed in your Europe but the Rags would'nt have survived our group either.
He's a talented and knowledgeable pundit but we all know what his agenda is with City[albeit subtle].
I have no doubt whatsover we will be Champions again[and possibly win the cup] but us fans need to reflect a little more on our history before slagging off all and sundry in our team.

What ever we might think about Neville, he knows how to analyse a game. I hate his guts as much as any other blue, but one listening to him working out many other games, he is very observant and knows how to break it down.

But more important, the simple fact at the games was this. For the 90+ minutes, we played the better football and the 2nd half was a real education for anyone watching. BUT, Baconface simply was superior with his tactics. He recognised the flaws in his defense and midfield but he did made sure his players pummelled our weaknesses time and time again. Mourinio is a master at this and always has been - completely focusing on the oppositions weakness and punching it until it bleeds.

Neville was right. He was, quite rightly pointing out that in this game, our defense was abismal and our left side was open to abuse.

Re: A serious problem has just been exposed on MNF!

CTID101 said:
I posted this in Post Match but I think it should have a thread.
Anyone watching MNF?

Rat boy just pointed out a HUGE flaw in our tactic that is basically losing us games.
I hadn't ever noticed it but fuck me, a serious problem here Bobby and co.
We are losing games through something that seems so simple.

Anyone skilled enough to get the clips just shown onto YouTube?

Basically it was showing the huge gaps on the left side of our defence, it showed clips of Dortmund, Ajax, Madrid and the rags pouring down the left and a simple cut back into the centre has nearly every time resulted in a goal.

You people couldn't already see this?

Been going on for months. Look at Utd's 1st goal in the FA Cup derby last year. Acres of space out wide on the left, cross into the space, Rooney arrives.

Happened pure times in the CL to.

Baaaaallleee Baaaaallleeee<br /><br />-- Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:46 am --<br /><br />
MSP said:
Baconface will be angry at him :)

He's just great pundit and commentator. Period. 99% of stuff he says makes sense. And he manages to make himself so neutral on TV, it's really amazing.

Any link to that analysis?

i_love_neville_magnet-p147357068945607271envtl_400.jpg

dom said:
peter.evans said:
I agree that Neville is excellent and he was brilliant with his analysis. However, all teams have strengths and weaknesses that are easy to spot in hindsight. Neville said United were 'in control' until half time. What complete bollocks. They scored with their first attack and then with their second. What Neville did not say was that if Balotelli, Aguero or Barry had scored with any of the three presentable chances we created in the first half we would have won ! Lucky mis hit that went in and bad finishing did for us, nothing else. We dominated the whole game from start to finish and they have got away eith it yet again ! As for the winning goal, there were FOUR mistakes and another scrwany piece of luck for thr rags. Clichy a) should have passed to Hart, then b) lost it to Welbeck. The wall was a shambles, Nasri was a disgrace and Hart was bloody useless, like with the first goal where he watched it roll in ! Finally, Persie gets a jammy deflection. So whilst Nev is excellent, on another day luck will go against the jammy rags.

Actually ,,this ^^
Just hope all the other Prem clubs sit up and keep on attacking the scum twunts as they don't like it up em..

You are missing a key point.It's not just hindsight that makes weaknesses easy to spot as GN pointed out. City have a left sided defensive weakness and the scum knew that before the game and played on it.

We (Mancini) should also know that we have that weakness and know that the scum will plan to play on it (its' the way they play anyway with width) so we should be able to work out how to not allow it yo cost us.

Or do we just accept that we have that weakness and HOPE that it doesn't get exposed?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.