Gas & Electricity

I have just moved out of a flat which was electric only and we were paying over £100 a month to Bulb. I am now in a 3 bed victorian house and just had my first month in at £62 for gas and elec. That is from the day I moved in to yesterday with me manually giving meter readings.

Of course we have the rise yet to come but I expected it to be more expensive!

That's not correct. Centrica are a gas producer as well as a retailer and the majority of their profits came from production.
I thought they’d sold their stake in Spirt Energy in 2019 (which, hilariously, used to store gas as well) to become a pure gas and power utility supplier? Likely I’m incorrect, apologies if so.

I have just moved out of a flat which was electric only and we were paying over £100 a month to Bulb. I am now in a 3 bed victorian house and just had my first month in at £62 for gas and elec. That is from the day I moved in to yesterday with me manually giving meter readings.

Of course we have the rise yet to come but I expected it to be more expensive!
Over inflate your readings until October……..

I thought they’d sold their stake in Spirt Energy in 2019 (which, hilariously, used to store gas as well) to become a pure gas and power utility supplier? Likely I’m incorrect, apologies if so.
They sold the part of Spirit that was extracting gas in Norwegian waters and that was only completed recently. They still have quite significant holdings in other exploration and production enterprises, and also in Nuclear.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.