Gas & Electricity

100% renewable electricity though, as if that will soften the blow ffs, me and the Mrs are both on state pension and that would wipe one of our pensions out, how do they expect people to pay
I said months ago they were underestimating how high it would be, 4k is a pipe dream as it will be much higher for the average family.

We’re not stuck with octopus, it was just that I put the meter readings in and thought I’d have a look at what they were offering. I always fixed previously at the best possible rate, but our supplier went bust and we got transferred to octopus. I checked the other suppliers at the time and do so frequently with octopus being the cheapest for us at the moment.

I am particularly tight, so I turn most electrical things off at night, much to the annoyance of my Mrs. who often finds that tv programmes she has recorded stop part way through as I’ve turned the power off to the tv before going to bed!

It’s just scandalous that these costs have risen seven fold in 12 months.
Yeah, it's a fucking joke. Trouble is, the speed at which it has happened has caught many people off guard and previous, lower, price-cap predictions are being rendered redundant in weeks or even days. A few months back Martin Lewis was advising anyone who could get a fix that worked out at a lower percentage increase than the latest prediction at the time for the next price-cap increase to go for it. Turns out with these latest predictions that even if you were offered a fix that was even 10% or 20% higher than the prediction at the time then that would've been worth taking too. That's not Martin Lewis's fault to be fair - he was giving advice based on the latest information at the time but the situation is ever-changing and so difficult to keep up with that even consumer experts are finding it nigh on impossible to give advice that holds true for more than a few short weeks.

Log burner being installed in garden Room,turning off the Central heating in the house,
We've begun experimenting "Batch cooking" one day a week rather than turn the oven on daily.Early day's but the electrical usage has fallen be £3-50 per week not for everyone but its a saving, looking at solar panels also was approximately 9years to get your money back from October it's around 7years and Jan 5& half years. If you have the cash and your local authorities have the grants available it might be worth it??

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.